Germy towels

Old July 12th 06, 10:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Germy towels

Not Chalk:
My sister came over yesterday to help watch my son while I did a HUGE
clean up around this bomb site, and she totally freaked when I put a load
of washing in the machine that contained: teatowels, floor mop head, DHs
handkerchiefs, and some face washers. "You put teatowels with all that
stuff??! YUCK!". I figure, you're washing them in the washing machine, if
you didn't think it was all getting clean in there, why bother washing it
at all?

yep, you are right, 99.9% of the germs at least will be zapped so there is
no contamination from tea towels to anything else. Anyway I don't think
teatowels are the worse, the floor mop head probably grabs that title,
unless you have absolutely no outside shoes on the floor it washes.

The only think I would be at all cautious about is nappies, I recall that
washing them at 60 is sufficient, but I don't recall the definition of
sufficient, so I wouldn't was anything else with them. But if I was doing it
at 95 and I had something else that needed that temp, I would.

Anne

Old July 14th 06, 02:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article ,
"Anne Rogers" wrote:

The only think I would be at all cautious about is nappies, I recall that
washing them at 60 is sufficient, but I don't recall the definition of
sufficient, so I wouldn't was anything else with them. But if I was doing it
at 95 and I had something else that needed that temp, I would.

Nah. The baby only has the bugs you've given it. Admittedly, I usually (but
not always) soaked pooey nappies in Napisan -- but widdly ones went in as they
were. The nappies were always washed with all my other whites. No disease
outbreaks.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue