Moving sucks

Old June 26th 05, 04:19 AM
Cele

Default Moving sucks

Hi everyone. Here we are, packing up *again*. This whole moving thing
gets really old. Of course, on Thursday, I go to Wales, so I won't
have any more moving to do here until I get back.

But when I get to Wales, we've got to pack up Paul's house.....

LOL

Moving does suck. It really truly does.

I sure can fit a lot into a small space, though!

Cele
Old June 26th 05, 04:52 AM
Cele

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:35:05 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:19:36 GMT, Cele the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Hi everyone. Here we are, packing up *again*. This whole moving thing
gets really old. Of course, on Thursday, I go to Wales, so I won't
have any more moving to do here until I get back.

But when I get to Wales, we've got to pack up Paul's house.....

LOL

Moving does suck. It really truly does.

I sure can fit a lot into a small space, though!

Cele

Oh my.

You're a brave one.

'Kate

'S worth it.

[s]

Cele
Old June 26th 05, 11:50 AM
Denanson

Ha! lets see if this works.
I've tried about 5 different newreaders since the Berlin one started
charging but none of them can be seen by anyone but me.

Please reply if you can see this!

Thanks, dennis

Old June 26th 05, 01:29 PM
Cele

On 26 Jun 2005 03:50:46 -0700, "Denanson"
wrote:

Ha! lets see if this works.

Well done! You're back with the living. Welcome back.

I've tried about 5 different newreaders since the Berlin one started
charging but none of them can be seen by anyone but me.

Except this one.....

Please reply if you can see this!

I can see this. Barely. It's 5:30 AM and I haven't had coffee yet.
Speaking of which.....I'm off. Talk to you later. :-)

Cele
Old June 26th 05, 01:35 PM
Tiffany

"Denanson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ha! lets see if this works.
I've tried about 5 different newreaders since the Berlin one started
charging but none of them can be seen by anyone but me.

Please reply if you can see this!

Thanks, dennis

I see you. How are you?

Old June 26th 05, 04:23 PM
xkatx

"Denanson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ha! lets see if this works.
I've tried about 5 different newreaders since the Berlin one started
charging but none of them can be seen by anyone but me.

Please reply if you can see this!

Thanks, dennis

I'm replying with my eyes closed so I still can't see you! lol

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old June 27th 05, 12:09 AM
jembieram

I must be the only person that actually loves moving LOL
I moved 17 times between the age of 19 and 24. I have now been in my present
home for 11 years and I so have itchy feet. I have been trying to move for
the last 5 years but it just aint happening!!!!

I hope your move goes smoothly, I moved once while I was on holiday. I
booked the removal company and gave the keys to my friends and when I came
back it was all done ;-)
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't ever stop believing........

http://goodsbyjen.cjb.net/
http://morestuffbyjen.cjb.net/

Old June 27th 05, 07:51 AM
Cele

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:09:39 GMT, "jembieram"
wrote:

I must be the only person that actually loves moving LOL
I moved 17 times between the age of 19 and 24. I have now been in my present
home for 11 years and I so have itchy feet. I have been trying to move for
the last 5 years but it just aint happening!!!!

I'm 46, and the longest I've ever lived at any one address
consecutively is 36 months. Now you've got me going...I'm gonna
count....38. I've moved 38 times. And there are two more moves in my
immediate future. That's good, 'cause 40 is such a nice round number,
and even, and all that....

I hope your move goes smoothly,

Once we *finally* got a truck, a bunch of T's friends came and they
were just delightful. They moved us in about four and a half hours,
including three sites, back and forth, and I bought 'em beer & pizza.
I only let 'em drink one beer each & made 'em take a couple of others
home rather than drink & drive. And yes, they were all legal. What a
good group of kids they are. Friends of T's boyfriend, mostly.

I moved once while I was on holiday.

I once moved on Christmas eve with an eighteen month old. Another
time, a year later, I moved six weeks after a caesarian, with a
toddler and a newborn, a quadriplegic husband and me not supposed to
lift. That one was a real bugger.

I booked the removal company and gave the keys to my friends and when I came
back it was all done ;-)

Now THAT would be the way to move. If you could afford it. That's how
officers in the forces are moved, and how we did it when I was a kid.
But as an adult, I've been on my own. I think the worst move ever was
when I left the Yukon, with the biggest UHaul you're allowed to drive
on a regular license, pulling a dolly with the car behind it. It was a
stick shift diesel, and it actually wasn't all that bad to drive, but
you can only imagine what it was like *filling* the flipping thing
witha 3000 square foot house and only my 4'11", 98 lbs soaking wet
daughter to help. Took us about sixteen hours a day, for six days, and
the day before I drove out the Alaska highway is the only time in my
life I've ever literally shaken with exhaustion. After that, the three
day drive out was practically a holiday! 'Course, I did hit Vancouver
in rush hour driving this rig. It was pretty interesting.

Moving. What a pain. Damn, I'll be glad when we get a house. That's
that, then. Enough moving. I'm gonna grow roots.

Cele
Old June 27th 05, 08:38 PM
xkatx

wrote:

I must be the only person that actually loves moving LOL
I moved 17 times between the age of 19 and 24. I have now been in my
present
home for 11 years and I so have itchy feet. I have been trying to move for
the last 5 years but it just aint happening!!!!

I'm 46, and the longest I've ever lived at any one address
consecutively is 36 months. Now you've got me going...I'm gonna
count....38. I've moved 38 times. And there are two more moves in my
immediate future. That's good, 'cause 40 is such a nice round number,
and even, and all that....

OMG! OVER THE HILL MOVING!! 40 is a nice number. At least you're older and
wiser than your moves I've only moved, I guess, a few times. #1-born in
the house my parents rented when they married, then when I was 14 months
old, moved into house #2 that parents bought. Lived there until I was 16 or
so. Moved into, kinda, #3 which was this rooming house for teens right
after. #4 was moving in with this support lady a couple weeks later, then
hated the lady because she was a crazy cat woman and moved in with a support
family a month before B was born, so that was kind of #5. Stayed there until
B was 2 months old, then got this small apartment for #6. #7 was then the
2bdrm apartment, and that was the first 'real' move I had with my own stuff
to pack into a moving truck. Then got the townhouse we live in now, and
have been in #8 for 2 years now. Now I am trying to move again since I
don't have the space here anymore and need a 3d bedroom. I'm hoping to get
an emergency transfer ASAP, or move anywhere to just get out of here because
it's really worse than the Projects.
So, really, only had 2 real moves of packing and hauling. I'm actually
hoping #3 real move comes really, really soon!

I hope your move goes smoothly,

Once we *finally* got a truck, a bunch of T's friends came and they
were just delightful. They moved us in about four and a half hours,
including three sites, back and forth, and I bought 'em beer & pizza.
I only let 'em drink one beer each & made 'em take a couple of others
home rather than drink & drive. And yes, they were all legal. What a
good group of kids they are. Friends of T's boyfriend, mostly.

Beer and pizza?? I would have soo been down with that!

I moved once while I was on holiday.

I once moved on Christmas eve with an eighteen month old. Another
time, a year later, I moved six weeks after a caesarian, with a
toddler and a newborn, a quadriplegic husband and me not supposed to
lift. That one was a real bugger.

THAT would be more than just interesting!

[...]

Hey, I drive stick that is diesel! It's the best and I'd go no other way!
Nothing like wicked gas mileage lol
I'd also recommend staying far, far away from Vancouver's rush hour. Duh.
Like you need me to tell you that! Vancouver = horrible driving on a good
day, not in rush hour. Rush hour is insanity at its worst.

Old June 28th 05, 04:46 AM
CME

"Denanson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ha! lets see if this works.
I've tried about 5 different newreaders since the Berlin one started
charging but none of them can be seen by anyone but me.

Please reply if you can see this!

Thanks, dennis

See what?

Christine

Moving from Clev.Ohio to Ft.Myers Help Irish General 4 April 29th 05 06:53 PM
moving furniture... V. Pregnancy 22 April 28th 05 07:11 AM
Moving and school age cut-offs lrm583 General 4 February 15th 05 12:03 AM
books about moving Sara General 3 November 6th 04 02:01 PM
Moving, moving, moving Herself Breastfeeding 2 September 17th 03 02:17 AM