Epidural question

Old March 1st 06, 01:22 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default Epidural question

"Nikki" wrote in
:

snip

I'm not positive but I think it is from the spinal tap-like puncture.
I know it doesn't happen all that often but it just so happens that it
did to a friend of mine IRL. Those less common things have bigger
influence when you see it...a little irrational I'll admit. I was
also present for a friends labor/delivery and the epidural did not
work all that great and she still got stuck in bed w/catheter,
internal monitoring of the baby, and all that jazz so that is two
negative experiences :-P Of course I have friends that had great
experiences but those don't weigh so heavily on my mind. ;-)

People are great at developing aversions based on the negative
effects, no matter how many positive counter-examples there are.

Cindy Wells
(I've got mine - an aversion to all eye-drops after problems
with one. It even made it tough to help my grandmother with her
eye drops when I visited once.)
Old March 1st 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Megan wrote:
I am so lucky. I just had the perfect labor and delivery.

Well send some of good karma my way :-)

I got to deliver in one of the "suites".

It has been a long time since I was in this hospital (others two were
delivered in a bigger hospital) and unless it has changed the 'suites' here
aren't all that cozy anyway!

It was
a very packed house, with 2 neonatal teams, the peri. a nurse and an
intern, but so much more laid back than an OR.

I wondered how many people would be there. The peds weren't anywhere around
when I had my others but maybe they will be there for twins....I suppose it
depends on how far along I am??? I'll have to ask.

Who wants major
surgery if you don't need it!

I'm with you on that one!

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old March 1st 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I guess this stuff differs by hospital. Where I delivered, they only
deliver twins in the OR, whether it's a vaginal birth or a C-section.
Good thing for me, since I ended up needing an emegency C for the
second baby. There would have never been time to move me someplace
else, it all happened so fast. However, mine were not both head down.
Bradley was, and I pushed him out in about 15 minutes, but Alex was
transverse and needed to be turned, which didn't happen. I wonder,
Megan, if your Twin B was breech or transverse, would they have
delivered in the OR just in case? Do they only let a twin delivery
happen in a regular room if they are both head down? These may be some
things to ask your doctor, Nikki. I can't wait to hear how this
delivery happens

Ellen

Old March 1st 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Ellen wrote:
These may be
some things to ask your doctor, Nikki. I can't wait to hear how this
delivery happens

Yep, discussions like this really help me to focus on things I should ask or
look into. How the delivery happens - most likely I've already invoked
Murphy's Law and it will be nothing like I plan, lol.

Old March 4th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Ellen,

I have no idea. I never asked those questions b/c A & A were always head
down. It did get scary for a moment. After Aidan was delivered, Lexi's
cord came down first and I just remember them saying "we've gotta do
this now" and the peri reached in, up to his elbow, and grabbed her out.

I always thought they delivered twins in the OR, no matter what. I guess
I was just fortunate. My peri is awesome and well known. He even
consulted on Oprah and her website!!

~Megan~
Mommy to
3 year old twins,
Aidan & Alexis

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
Kids should work... Doan Foster Parents 31 December 7th 03 04:01 AM
Alternatives for labor pain relief?? Epidural Question Jill Pregnancy 18 September 21st 03 06:29 PM