Puppy chews toes off baby

Old December 13th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Default Puppy chews toes off baby

wrote:
Joe, I think you have me confused with someone else. I just recently
started coming to this NG. I am a moderator at the fightcps site.
I've been a member there about 18 months. My children were in care for
a very short time and I did everything I needed to do to get them out
of the clutches of cps. I was wrongly accused and it was proven so. I
am an advocate for reform but not for letting people like certain
people here *coughgregcough* who are truely guilty get away with
abusing children. I have never done crack in my life. I was never a
whore. I haven't stolen anything since I was 5 years old and stole a
piece of candy from my brother. Does that answer your questions?

Me thinks Joe is even a little confused about who Joe is.

So, I see. You TOO were one of those hardened candy thiefs. Tsk.

And of course taking CANDY FROM A BABY. For shame.

And look at what you grew up into. A moderator on a parental rights
support group. Posting to nutcases on a parent support newsgroup.

See what can happen?

Weren't you warned you could end up like this?

0:-]

joe wrote:
wrote:
Greegor wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=4844287

Pit bull puppy chews off baby's toes while parents sleep
(12/12/06 - BOSSIER CITY, LA) - Bossier City police say a couple was
asleep as their pit bull puppy chewed off four of their baby daughter's
toes.

The parents have been booked with criminal negligence. Police say the
couple put their baby in a dangerous situation. They did not say why
the couple did not awaken to the baby's cries sooner.

The month-old girl underwent surgery yesterday at Sutton's Children's
Hospital at Christus Schumpert in Shreveport. Police says there was no
chance to reattach the child's toes.

Twenty-two-year-old Mary Shannon Hansche and 26-year-old Christopher
Wayne Hansche of Bossier City are being held in the Bossier Parish Jail
pending their initial court appearance.

The six-week-old puppy had no record of receiving its shots and will be
quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies.

Police say the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room
of their residence and the baby was in an infant seat beside them when
the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes. The Hansches told police
they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled foot
and took her to the hospital Sunday morning.

Nurses and doctors at Willis Knighton Bossier hospital alerted police.

Police say the negligence charges apply because the child was under the
age of 10 and was exposed to a danger from which she could not protect
herself.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...6840620937.txt

Police: Puppy gnawed off baby's toes By Associated Press

BOSSIER CITY, La. -- A pit bull puppy chewed off four of a baby girl's
toes while the child's parents slept, police here said Monday. The
parents were booked on charges of child desertion and criminal
negligence and were being held in the Bossier Parish Jail pending an
initial court appearance.

Police said the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room
of their residence and the month-old girl was in an infant seat beside
them when the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes.

Mary Shannon Hansche, 22, and Christopher Wayne Hansche, 26, told
police they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled
foot and took her to the hospital about 8:30 a.m. Sunday.

"They did not see the dog injuring the child," police spokesman Mark
Natale said.

The girl underwent surgery Sunday at Sutton's Children's Hospital in
Shreveport. There was no way to reattach the child's toes, Natale said
Monday.

The puppy was 6 weeks old and had no record of receiving its shots and
will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies. Natale said he did
not know what the puppy's fate would be after that.

"The puppy itself was just several weeks old! I mean this was
essentially a puppy," Natale said.

"This puppy might have been trying to nurse on the toes of this baby,"
veterinarian Michael Dale speculated. "I know that sounds a little far
fetched, but that's the first thing that comes to my mind."

Teresa Miller, who sold the puppy to the Hansches, was skeptical the
dog did it. "He didn't chew on anything while he was with me. Out of
all of them (in the litter), he was the least chewy."

Another veterinarian, Dr. Valri Brown, said if the puppy chewed off the
infant's toes, it would not have happened quickly. "It would have to be
a period of time - maybe at least an hour," she said.

Meanwhile, the puppy's been quarantined at Bossier City's animal
control office for the next 10 days to check for rabies. Natale said he
did not know what the puppy's fate would be after that.

When she is released from the hospital, the child will be placed in a
foster home until the case against her parents is settled, officials
said.

A 1999 incident where a Chihuahua bit off a baby's toe
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.g...61ffea52cab7a5

Are you in support or not of the child being placed in foster care,
Greg? Why post this article with no personal feelings on the subject?

Personally, I think the action of CPS to place the child in foster care
is a good idea. I mean, how can you be asleep beside a one month old
infant and not hear the cries of pain while her toes are being gnawed
off? Either both parents were in a coma or on something. I sleep
deeply but NOT that deep. Any sound parent would hear their child
screaming in pain, or for any other reason, immediately. And as one
vet said, it would not have happened immediately and could take up to
an hour. So, in theory, that poor baby sat there with a dog gnawing
her toes off for up to an hour with no help from her parents.
Something is seriously ****ed up with that scenerio, wouldn't you say?

Who can the parents go after Greg? Should they sue the dog, the cops,
the hospital, cps and the person they bought the dog from? The vets?
Should they consult with you on how to make this a constitutional case?
Should they consult with you on how to teach an animal to do tricks so
they can prove their great capacity and make CPS and the government in
general fear them? How would you tell these parents to proceed with
their case? Maybe do something illegal and bring it to court so they
can be arrested and make a huge lawsuit over it?

Tell us about yourself doll - were you a toothless meth whore with CPS
on her ass before you became a 'true advocate'?

Aren't you the one who stole those folks stuff then turned them into CPS
to cover her ass? Tell us about that.

Old December 14th 06, 02:14 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Kane wrote
By the way, only a fool presumes total anonymity on the Internet.

That's right Donald!

Old December 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Mom says Ferret not dog bit off baby toes

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16312314/

Updated: 9:23 a.m. CT Dec 21, 2006
BENTON, La. - A woman jailed after four of her infant daughter's toes
were gnawed off says the family's pet ferret did it, not their pit
bull pup as police had said.

But her husband blames the dog, a city official said.

"The way the bite marks were on her foot, the ferret being out of its
cage, I knew it wasn't the dog," Mary Hansche told KTBS-TV on
Tuesday.

The month-old girl was injured Dec. 10 as Hansche, 22, and her husband,
Christopher Hansche, 26, slept; they woke up when they heard her
crying. The parents were jailed in lieu of $50,000 bond each, booked
with child desertion and criminal negligence.

The husband had blamed the dog and told police the ferret had been in
its cage all night, Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale said Wednesday.

The charges wouldn't change regardless of which pet was involved,
Natale said, because the baby "was injured by an animal while in the
custody of the parents." The girl has been released from the hospital
and is in state custody.

Attorney Pam Smart said she is waiting for results of a hair analysis
to back up the couple's statement that they were not using drugs,
calling the case a "very unfortunate accident."

Old December 22nd 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Cat got your tongue, Kane? Three empty posts?

Cat got yours? One posted cut and paste article with no comment?

Go figger, eh?

And here I was trying to add weight to your herculian efforts to post
something important.

Ah well, you'll not appreciate me until your last dying breath, Greg,
and then, then it will be too late.

Live long and prosper.

Kane

Old December 22nd 06, 06:53 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Greegor wrote:
Cat got your tongue, Kane? Three empty posts?

Kane wrote
Cat got yours? One posted cut and paste article with no comment?

What's with the three blank ones from you? Senile?

Go figger, eh?

And here I was trying to add weight to your herculian efforts to post
something important.

Ah well, you'll not appreciate me until your last dying breath, Greg,
and then, then it will be too late.

By then you'll be moldy adipose you senile old Fart.