Baby poop stains...

Old February 9th 08, 11:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lynn[_2_]

Default Baby poop stains...

On Feb 9, 11:31*am, Jen wrote:
I have put her in a size 2 not too long ago... last week I tried a 3
but they are little too pig and pees out through them around the
legs.

-Jen

I second the nomination for cloth diapers... my 1 year old still
manages to get poop out of the back of disposables on occasion, but I
have never had a cloth diaper poop blow out. The ones I use (fuzzi
bunz) have elastic in the back that holds it in. They are a good
investment if you can use them for more than one kid. I have put two
through them so far, and the third baby is on the way.

Lynn
Old February 10th 08, 12:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

I have been to a few places today looking for cloth diapers and have
come up empty handed... not sure where else to look around here. With
no "true" baby supply store here I may just have to put up with the
stain removal ritual.

-Jen

Old February 10th 08, 12:59 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Jen wrote:
I have been to a few places today looking for cloth diapers and have
come up empty handed... not sure where else to look around here. With
no "true" baby supply store here I may just have to put up with the
stain removal ritual.

Most people seem to get cloth diapers online. It can
be challenging to find a local supplier of good quality cloth
diapers.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old February 10th 08, 01:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen

I found that the most effective method is to simply hang the clothes out
in the sun for a couple of hours. For poop stains, this works extremely
well.
Not so well for food stains, though... Any tips on how to remove dried
banana? It's easy enough if the clothes are soaked immediately, but they
won't do that at nursery.

I second the recommendation for cloth nappies. (We use mainly
all-in-ones, with extra wrapper.)

Karen
Old February 10th 08, 02:11 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

"Jen" wrote:

I have been to a few places today looking for cloth diapers and have
come up empty handed... not sure where else to look around here. With
no "true" baby supply store here I may just have to put up with the
stain removal ritual.

-Jen

I bought mine online. The ones I found in the store were horribly thin.

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05 & Jack 7/7/07

Old February 10th 08, 10:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Jen schrieb:
I have been to a few places today looking for cloth diapers and have
come up empty handed... not sure where else to look around here. With
no "true" baby supply store here I may just have to put up with the
stain removal ritual.

I got my mum to sew ours... She has a serger (?) and it doesn't take
that much time really. I have found tutorials online about how to make
your own cloth diapers, try Google if you're willing and able to sew
your own.
I bought thick flannel, elastic and some Velcro and did about half the
cutting then my mum took everything home and cut the rest and sewed it
together. I spent about 70€ for all materials and I have enough diapers
to last a week, but I usually only use about half because my bucket only
hold about 2-3 days of cloth diapers.

cu
nicole
Old February 10th 08, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

Ok, so if I buy them online or make my own how many would one need? I
imagine it depends on how often a baby needs to be changed and how
often one wants to wash them and what not, but would be a good number?
Also, what do you do with the dirty ones, just toss them in a bucket
of water until you're ready to do a load? Sorry for being so cloth
diaper clueless )

-Jen

On Feb 10, 7:09 am, NL wrote:
Jen schrieb:

I have been to a few places today looking for cloth diapers and have
come up empty handed... not sure where else to look around here. With
no "true" baby supply store here I may just have to put up with the
stain removal ritual.

I got my mum to sew ours... She has a serger (?) and it doesn't take
that much time really. I have found tutorials online about how to make
your own cloth diapers, try Google if you're willing and able to sew
your own.
I bought thick flannel, elastic and some Velcro and did about half the
cutting then my mum took everything home and cut the rest and sewed it
together. I spent about 70 EURO for all materials and I have enough diapers

Old February 10th 08, 05:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Jen schrieb:
Ok, so if I buy them online or make my own how many would one need? I
imagine it depends on how often a baby needs to be changed and how
often one wants to wash them and what not, but would be a good number?
Also, what do you do with the dirty ones, just toss them in a bucket
of water until you're ready to do a load? Sorry for being so cloth
diaper clueless )

-Jen

I have a front loader, so I use a "dry pail" i.e. a bucket with a lid
and no water. If you have a top loader you can do either dry or wet,
whichever works better for you I guess.
For me I change whenever I think she needs to be changed and since she
doesn't pee often, but when she pees she _really_ means business I
change her about 4-5 times during the day. (yeah, she collects it real
well... but if you remember my ultrasounds from late pregnancy that's
apparently her thing, no peeing until absolutely necessary...). My
bucket holds about 12-15 diapers I guess, at least I usually go about
2-3 days from load to load.
So, it depends on:
- how often do you change the diaper
- how long are you willing/able to collect the diapers before you wash them
- how long does it take for the washed diapers to dry and be usable again.

I have a dryer, so if I wash the diapers in the morning they're ready to
be used again by late afternoon (technically about 3 hours after
starting laundry, but I usually don't get to toss the into the dryer
immediately). If you don't have a dryer and it takes your diapers a day
to dry you'll need more extra diapers...

Let's say you change your baby 8 times in 24 hours, have a large bucket
for collecting diapers (32 diapers) and no dryer and washing+drying
takes 36 hours:
32/8=4 (how many fit into the bucket/number of diapers used per day)
- days between washing diapers
8/24*36=12 (diapers/day*hours it takes to have dry diapers available again)
- minimum extra diapers for drying period

12+32=44 (extra diapers+diapers that fit into bucket)
- minimum number of diapers you will need.

I'd buy some extra for emergencies like child with diarrhea, etc. Just
use your numbers and see how many you think you need, start with that
amount and if you need more buy/make more as needed.

However I'd suggest making/buying a couple (5?) and one cover and giving
them a go before committing to cloth and finding out after a week that
you hate them ;-)

cu
nicole
Old February 11th 08, 02:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Did you check the place on Topsail Road, by Tim Horton's. I don't know if
they carry them, but they do carry some stuff that you can't get anywhere
else around here, (like slings and the super expensive strollers). That's
assuming they're still open, I haven't been out that way in a while.

Heather

Old February 11th 08, 07:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Have you tried moving up to the next size? Pooping up the back was often
one sign that the diapers were too small...
--

Jamie Clark

"Jen" wrote in message
Ok, so it would appear as though little Rori has a knack for pooping
out of her diapers... I have tried several different brands looking
for that "better" fit, but no matter what kind of diaper she has on 9
out of 10 poops are up the back! As you can imagine this leaves many
soiled undershirts and jammies... anyone have any tips on getting the
poop stains out? I rinse the soiled garments right away but the yellow
colour seems to find a way to stay. Any opinions on Oxyclean?

-Jen

formula stains? Anonymama General 9 March 27th 06 06:02 PM
Baby poop - food sensitivity problem? Chotii Breastfeeding 2 August 5th 03 02:51 PM
Water stains on walls? (OT) Ali's Daddie General 5 July 15th 03 04:38 AM