"Condom manufacturers report low sales in the region"

Old July 3rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
michaela

Default "Condom manufacturers report low sales in the region"

Visi Caulk Mah Pnats wrote:
Lost wrote:

A 21-year-old who fathered his first child at 13 is about to become

dad for the seventh time.

Keith Macdonald, from Washington, Tyne and Wear has been branded a
"reckless Romeo" after it emerged that all his children are by
different women.

He is reported to be living apart from the mother-to-be.

Condom manufacturers also report low sales in the region.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/5138444.stm

And some people say there's no marriage strike.

I would brand him a dumb ass.

I dunno, quality of life apparently means different things to
different people. Nice but not for me, you know?

- Michaela

Old July 4th 06, 12:12 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
amgine

on 03/07/2006 9:57 pm, michaela wrote:

Visi Caulk Mah Pnats wrote:
Lost wrote:

A 21-year-old who fathered his first child at 13 is about to become a dad
for the seventh time.

Keith Macdonald, from Washington, Tyne and Wear has been branded a
"reckless Romeo" after it emerged that all his children are by
different women.

He is reported to be living apart from the mother-to-be.

Condom manufacturers also report low sales in the region.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/5138444.stm

And some people say there's no marriage strike.

I would brand him a dumb ass.

I dunno, quality of life apparently means different things to
different people. Nice but not for me, you know?

- Michaela

It's fortunate for him, the women he impregnates and his offspring that the
state [ie everyone else] is here to allow him to maintain this lifestyle. I
wonder what kind of role model he will make for his children. This is a good
example where one person's happiness and pursuit of happiness is being
gained at the expense of others.

Old July 4th 06, 02:46 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
amgine

Visi Caulk Mah Pnats wrote:
Lost wrote:

[...]

We should remember that, for that one man, there are seven females who
have produced *******s to be maintained by the state (by which we mean
men who pay taxes). Not only do these females get more dole money than
he gets, they get free housing and furniture too.

If he can be found a job, he can be forced to take it or have his
welfare benefits stopped. The same rule does not apply to the seven
females.

They're having fun at everyone else's expense too, don't worry I hadn't
forgotten their part in the sad story. But, on a simple mathematical level,
they've 'only' reproduced once [as far as I know, so far] and he has
reproduced seven times. To produce one child may be regarded as
carelessness; to produce seven looks like a selfish disdain for the
environment.

Old July 4th 06, 05:09 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
amgine

Nobody comes out of that story smelling of roses. However, it does
indicate that the marriage strike is biting. The best that the
unskilled female can hope for now is to marry the state.

We're all slaves to the state. I guess doing this cuts out the middle man.
Being married is quite fun though, if you can find the right person to be
married to. I don't think the man or women in that story are marriage
material, strike or no strike.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old July 4th 06, 05:38 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
amgine

on 04/07/2006 5:22 pm, Lost wrote:

amgine wrote:

Nobody comes out of that story smelling of roses. However, it does
indicate that the marriage strike is biting. The best that the
unskilled female can hope for now is to marry the state.

We're all slaves to the state. I guess doing this cuts out the middle man.
Being married is quite fun though, if you can find the right person to be
married to. I don't think the man or women in that story are marriage
material, strike or no strike.

I agree on that last part, but what the devil is marriage material? As
far as men are concerned, marriage is beginning to look like a con
game.

Really. To be fair to your pov you have the stats to back up the claim that
marriage isn't working in the west. I can only counter this with my personal
experience of marriage, which has been good. I've only been married once, so
far and, so far, I'm enjoying it immensely and I think he is too.

I think a marriage is greatly helped if the couple don't have, and don't
intend to have, any children. So 'marriage material' in my mind has to start
with that as a given.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old July 4th 06, 06:43 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
amgine

[...]

It's a numbers game. At the moment, most marriages fail within ten
years. The proportion of marriages that fail is increasing, so
marriage is, on balance, a bad move for men.

And for women. I think it takes two to tango in this regard. Perhaps the
numbers game regarding divorce should include the figures around attention
spans getting shorter and people living longer.

I think a marriage is greatly helped if the couple don't have, and don't
intend to have, any children. So 'marriage material' in my mind has to start
with that as a given.

That must be the worst thing for men getting divorced. Most men with
children lose them when the divorce papers land on the mat. Your
husband is wise not to have any with you.

Yes. I'd most certainly make him keep them so I could get on with my life
without that extra burden.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old July 5th 06, 12:39 PM posted to soc.men,alt.support.single-parents,alt.support.shyness,alt.support.loneliness
Bernd Jendrissek