weird hcg?

Old May 8th 04, 11:04 PM
Dagny

Default weird hcg?

beta hcg 8.1? Whoever heard of anything that low?

No symptoms yet, just brown spotting, so took one of the ultra-sensitive
pregnancy tests on second day of brown spotting; faint line even DH could
see; went to the lab a few hours later. Monday will tell. Actually with
hcg that low, if it's FALLING there shouldn't be a faint line at all by
tomorrow.

-- Dagny

Old May 9th 04, 02:31 PM
Vicki S

"Dagny" wrote:
beta hcg 8.1? Whoever heard of anything that low?
No symptoms yet, just brown spotting, so took one of the ultra-sensitive
pregnancy tests on second day of brown spotting; faint line even DH could
see; went to the lab a few hours later. Monday will tell.

I used Clomid to get pregnant with DS and assumed I would need it
again, so I went to my family doctor for a prescription of that and
the (Provera?) stuff that causes a "period" when I stop taking it.
And then I insisted on a blood pregnancy test in order to be ultra
extra careful. I had zero reason to think I was pregnant.

When I called my doctor's lab to ask the results of the blood test,
the lab tech said she "didn't know" if I was pregnant. I was all,
like, "what the heck?!?!" Talk about crazy-making. :-)

Her problem was that my numbers weren't zero, but like the number you
quote above, it was so low that the she'd never seen anything like it
before. Her guide said below x meant not pregnant, above y meant
pregnant. My number (14? 11?) was between x and y. About 9 months
later I gave birth to a gorgeous, healthy little girl who is currently
eating a blueberry waffle and watching Blue's Clues.

So I'll tell you what they told me: "if you haven't had any red
bleeding, congratulations!!"

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel Sullen, born 11/16/99; Chatty, born
Old May 9th 04, 05:22 PM
Dagny

Nah, I retook a urine test and the line was gone. No red bleeding yet, but
this one is not a going thing. That's OK. We're not actively trying.

Just good to know what's going on, is all.

Thanks for reading,
Dagny

Old May 11th 04, 04:14 AM
Dagny

"Dagny" wrote in message
. ..

beta hcg 8.1? Whoever heard of anything that low?

No symptoms yet, just brown spotting, so took one of the ultra-sensitive
pregnancy tests on second day of brown spotting; faint line even DH could
see; went to the lab a few hours later. Monday will tell. Actually with
hcg that low, if it's FALLING there shouldn't be a faint line at all by
tomorrow.

-- Dagny

Actually, contrary to an earlier post, for now, it is a going thing, AFAIK.
Spotting almost completely stopped. 48 hour beta hcg 22. I don't know
whether to be ecstatic or terrified or bored. I think I'll take them in
turns.

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
and possibly EDD 1/19/05

Weird feeling in chest Amy Pregnancy 10 February 17th 04 08:10 AM
weird feeling...anyone else? Christine Pregnancy 8 February 15th 04 12:40 AM
More weird sudden pain... Jill Pregnancy 3 November 24th 03 04:42 PM
20w - weird leg numbing thing Aprill Pregnancy 2 September 20th 03 07:09 PM
weird dream last night Stephanie and Tim Pregnancy 3 August 4th 03 07:59 PM