white spots, not plugged ducts

Old October 18th 05, 10:26 AM
Anne Rogers

Default white spots, not plugged ducts

I have a couple of white spots on one of my nipples, they are not plugged
ducts as there is milk coming out of them and no blockage behind, they are a
little sore, but not excessively so, any ideas?

Anne

Old October 18th 05, 12:22 PM
Jo

Anne Rogers wrote:
I have a couple of white spots on one of my nipples, they are not plugged
ducts as there is milk coming out of them and no blockage behind, they are a
little sore, but not excessively so, any ideas?

Anne

Thrush? It happened to me - if you try to get the spots off, does it
sting a bit?

Jo
Old October 18th 05, 02:49 PM
Anne Rogers

Thrush? It happened to me - if you try to get the spots off, does it
sting a bit?

no, not at all, I tried to get one of them off, thinking it was a plug and
it just bled slightly, but healed fast, with a spot in exactly the same
place! Would stinging be a sign of thrush? I had a slight shooting pain in
the same breast in a different spot yesterday, but it doesn't really fit the
standard description of thrush, as it was just in one spot that was feeling
full, it felt like a warning sign, I'm going to get engorged, feed the baby,
which I did and it hasn't come back.

Anne

Old October 18th 05, 03:48 PM
PattyMomVA

"Anne Rogers" wrote and I snipped:
I have a couple of white spots on one of my nipples, they are not plugged
ducts as there is milk coming out of them and no blockage behind, they are
a little sore, but not excessively so, any ideas?

milk blebs?

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

HTH,
-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old October 18th 05, 04:02 PM

Anne Rogers wrote:
I have a couple of white spots on one of my nipples, they are not plugged
ducts as there is milk coming out of them and no blockage behind, they are a
little sore, but not excessively so, any ideas?

Anne

When I had a plugged duct long time ago, I had a white spot and I
pierced with a clean needle. Then the plug was cleared thanks to the
baby. but the white spot stayed for about 2 weeks. The milk was coming
out of it but there's not pain. There's just the white spot and nothing
else is different. It just went away after two weeks.
I thought it's hardened milk inside this pore that just took a while to
clear. My baby or I didn't get sick from it and it never bothered us.

Old October 19th 05, 03:09 PM
Jo

Anne Rogers wrote:
Thrush? It happened to me - if you try to get the spots off, does it
sting a bit?

no, not at all, I tried to get one of them off, thinking it was a plug and
it just bled slightly, but healed fast, with a spot in exactly the same
place! Would stinging be a sign of thrush? I had a slight shooting pain in
the same breast in a different spot yesterday, but it doesn't really fit the
standard description of thrush, as it was just in one spot that was feeling
full, it felt like a warning sign, I'm going to get engorged, feed the baby,
which I did and it hasn't come back.

Anne

Hmm, if it doesn't sting, it's probably not Thrush, then. Phew! You
don't want that.

Jo

IQ-160s Vote (with their *feet*) [email protected] Solutions 119 June 3rd 04 06:29 AM
white spots Luna Breastfeeding 4 February 28th 04 03:05 AM
sick baby and plugged ducts badgirl Breastfeeding 4 December 22nd 03 04:37 PM
Cradle Cap with white spots Nikki Khurana Kids Health 0 September 20th 03 11:51 PM
Fed up with recurrent plugged ducts. Cathy Breastfeeding 2 July 30th 03 04:50 AM