Excessive shyness

Old January 16th 04, 01:51 AM
Sue Larson

Default Excessive shyness

I think enrolling him in preschool is an excellent start. If it makes you
feel any better, a little girl in my five year old daughter's preschool
class last year never talked and was extremely shy. This year she has really
surprised me by actually answering questions when people talk to her. I
think it is just a matter of socializing with others. In time, he will
overcome his shyness (to his comfort) and open up more.

Susan
"Carli Groven" wrote in message
news
Hi, my son is 4 years old and is extremely shy. My husband and I are

not
used to this, because his 6 year old sister is the exact opposite and is
really out-going and social. Everytime we go out in public, he covers

his
face and scrunches his shoulders up whenever someone tries to talk to

him.
Sometimes he gets all shaky, like he's terrified. He doesn't like to do
anything without his sister around. I will admit that we've been a

little
over-protective, but, as I said, it never made our daughter that shy.
Shyness I can understand, but he seems really, really scared of

everyone.
Is this normal? I'm really worried because he's supposed to start
kindergarten this fall. I'm going to be enrolling him a in preschool
part-time to try and get him used to the social interaction. He has not
been to anything like that before because I stay at home to be with him

and
I've been using at-home curriculum to teach him things. Does anyone

have
any other suggestions to help him overcome his shyness/fear toward other
people?

Thanks!
Carli

Does anyone else have a excessive outtie belly button? rach27 Pregnancy 4 March 7th 05 04:32 AM
Babies' Excessive Crying May Signal Later Problems Roman Bystrianyk Kids Health 0 November 1st 04 06:11 PM
Shyness article Amy Pregnancy 3 October 9th 04 09:55 PM
Excessive spit up?! www.ttdown.com Breastfeeding 3 August 13th 03 03:30 AM
THE AUTISM EPIDEMIC IS REAL, AND EXCESSIVE VACCINATIONS ARE THE CAUSE Mightyoledragon Kids Health 0 August 12th 03 11:25 PM