Twin nick names?

Old September 26th 03, 12:55 PM
Jonathan Wolgamuth

Default Twin nick names?

In article ,
says...
When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other "Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other "Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison. Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison "Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

Andrea, that is great--and something for me to look forward to.

However, right now the kids are just 18 weeks old, so they don't even
know the other exists (or at least they are indifferent to the other's
existance!!)

Anyway, what I find amazing is our (the parent's) ability to come up
with nicknames for our kids. (Don't ask where some of these came from,
because I probably won't even know!)

Ella becomes

Ella Bean
Beaner
LL Bean
LL Cool Bean
Little Chunk (see brother's nicknames)

Henry Becomes

Chunk
Super Chunk
Booger
Booger Barn
(but never "Hank")

Unfortunately, we probably use the nicknames more than their actual
names--hope we don't confuse them too much!

--
Jonathan

"Kids are great Apu! You can teach them to hate the things you hate, and
they practically raise themselves with the internet and all!"

H.S.
Old September 26th 03, 04:06 PM
Kender

Morgan is MoMo and Megan is MayMay. I think they started calling each other
that about two years old. The funny thing is Evan called them the same names
without knowing because the girls stopped doing it about three. I call them
Mo and May occasionally but they don't use these nicknames for each other
anymore.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

"Andrea" wrote in message
When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other

"Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other

"Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a

year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison.

Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison

"Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have

nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

Old September 26th 03, 04:39 PM
multimom4

That's because *he* knows that "Mah" and "Dah" are Swahili for a couple of
very undesirable somethings. ;-)

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
news

I don't recall how long ago it happened, but Derek started calling
Mariel "Mariel-Mah". So far, the name has stuck. Also, my wife is
"Mommy-Mah" and I'm "Daddy-Dah". Those names don't get used nearly as
often, though. For some reason, Derek won't let us call him
"Derek-Dah".
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Old September 26th 03, 06:02 PM
KimAK

Sorry..I meant to send this to the group. Which is why I don't post often,
I'm terrible at this. Again, my apologies.

Old September 26th 03, 06:04 PM
KimAK

And I sent the wrong thing AGAIN! Many apologies (slinks back under rock)

"Andrea" wrote in message
When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other

"Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other

"Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a

year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison.

Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison

"Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have

nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

My girls called each other "Doot Doot" (actually more they just used a
really odd noise that sounded like Doot Doot) until they were probably close
to four years old. Then my 2 year old niece began calling them Chucky (for
Chelsea) and Sukie (for Courtney, though we never figured out why) and that
stuck for a year or so. Now, at 12 years old, they mainly call each other
Sis. Rarely do they call each other by their given names, their preference
being Sis or Chellie Bellie and Court-o.

My sisters and I still refer to each other as Lis, Lors and Kimmy (which I
still dislike immensely, much to my sisters' delight) My favorites were
coined by my 15 year old niece when she started talking, the grandparents
remain Papa and MeMe.

With the beginning of 7th grade I'm hearing some real unpleasant nicknames,
most of them involving body parts and/or bodily functions. I spend an
inordinate amount of time explaining why calling your sister 'butthead' will
not win you any points in Mom's favor. ACK!
Kim
Chelsea and Courtney (12/27/90)

Old September 26th 03, 06:35 PM
telmgren

"Andrea" wrote in message
When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other

"Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other

"Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a

year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison.

Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison

"Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have

nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

My girls know each others names. If someone asks what they're names are,
both will say Lauren and then both will say Madison (although it's like you
say, Wawen and Ma-ison) but they refuse to use those names when addressing
each other, they will only call each other Sissy. When I try to correct
them I get "no, that's SISSY!!" LOL!!