TTC #6

Old December 10th 04, 07:39 AM
Jamie Clark

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Thanksgiving AF returned. A lot sooner than I had expected, but at
least that means we're back onto TTC number 6. Feels weird to write it
that way, having been preggers 5 times already and have only DS to show
for it... But BOY am I glad he's around!!

At least I'm doing very well, both physically and mentally, besides from
some lingering thyroid problems. I've started Clomid this cycle, and hope
it will make the difference. They've also tested for some more clotting
disorders, the ones we didn't do over summer since they are very rare. At
this point the Clomid is more or less our last resort. If this doesn't
work either, I just have to keep on trying and hope for the best.

Best of luck to you, Ilse.

You know, it's semantics, and of course it's completely personal, but during
all my losses, I always said I was still ttc'ing for #1, even after we lost
Nathan at 24 weeks gestation, and then had 2 blighted ovums and 5 chemical
pregnancies. To me, although I had at least 9 pregnancy losses, I didn't
have ONE take home child yet. So when I'd write what number ttc I was on, I
never counted the pregnancy, I counted the living child.

That's just me. Maybe I just didn't like to face how many losses I'd
had...I never really liked to list it all in my sig lines either. Too
depressing. The list just got to damn long. I like to focus on the
positives.

Anyway, just thinking aloud...
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old December 10th 04, 04:23 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:39:11 -0800, Jamie Clark wrote:

You know, it's semantics, and of course it's completely personal, but during
all my losses, I always said I was still ttc'ing for #1

I think whatever works for you is best! When I fill out the paperwork at
the gyn, they always ask the number of pregnancies and number of life
births. I saw one going up steadily, the other staying the same each time.
This is what really forced it down my throat: I have been pregnant 5 times
now, there is no way around that. So to me it does feel like number 6.

I can see why to you and others it may be depressing to be reminded of
your losses over and over again. But for me, they are a part of me and
always will be. I've denied it myself for a long time...

((((Jamie)))) thanks for your thoughts. I can only partly imagine what it
must have been like for you to deal with so many losses.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old December 10th 04, 06:52 PM
Jenrose

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:39:11 -0800, Jamie Clark wrote:

You know, it's semantics, and of course it's completely personal, but
during
all my losses, I always said I was still ttc'ing for #1

I think whatever works for you is best! When I fill out the paperwork at
the gyn, they always ask the number of pregnancies and number of life
births. I saw one going up steadily, the other staying the same each time.
This is what really forced it down my throat: I have been pregnant 5 times
now, there is no way around that. So to me it does feel like number 6.

I can see it either way--it's a bit weird to say this is "baby #2" even
though when I refer to "last pregnancy" I'm just as often referring to the
miscarriage as to dd.... I have to remind myself sometimes one way or the
other.

Strange right now, because I would have been due in early January had the
first one "stuck", but I'm really glad, in a way, that I'm not, because I
have time to heal and get well before this baby shows up in early March. I'd
be seriously freaked right now if I was 36 weeks and dealing with the last
of the whooping cough and a broken/cracked rib and narcotics. As it is, I
know that I've got probably 10 more weeks to heal up, maybe as many as 14
weeks, so I've half a chance of having the stamina I'll want for labor, and
it will be a good long gap between when I'm done with the codeine and when
baby shows up.

Jenrose

Old December 11th 04, 06:34 AM
Jamie Clark

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1102705320.ce76a4d3125c6c41cd1becd729c58c05@t eranews...

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
[...]

Yeah, I guess it depends on what you are counting...in my mind, I was always
counting children, not pregnancies. So I was continually ttc for baby #1,
even if I was trying to conceive my 8th pregnancy, or 9th.

And, as you said, it's all about whatever works for each of us.

Thinking good thoughts for you Ilse!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels: