So what??!!!

Old November 17th 06, 09:36 PM posted to misc.kids
user

Default So what??!!!

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:48:33 GMT, Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com u29182@uwe wrote:
bizby40 wrote:
you can't spell. you can't write a simple sentence. you
obviously don't know you've wandered onto Usenet... public

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
please. Nobobody ever tells me anything because i am only in 8th
grade in the

Nikki,

There are a couple of things you should know. The first is that this
is a group *about* kids, not a group *for* kids. That doesn't mean
you aren't welcome here, because you are. What it means is that the
people you are conversing with are adults; most are parents, some are
even grandparents.

Adults as a whole, and on Usenet in particular, tend to take even
casual writing more seriously than kids do. If you want to be
listened to, you will need to be more careful with your spelling,
punctuation and capitalization. Poor grammar is usually better
tolerated as long as the meaning is clear.

Lee had a bad educational experience as a child, and is convinced that
public education is worthless. By her* comments, she intended to
insult you personally and public education in general.

Bizby

* Lee -- I apologize if I have misremembered your sex

Ok I will try and fix my spelling and use proper English. Happy?i

It isn't a matter of us being happy. The way you present yourself,
particularly on the net, is crucial to how people perceive you. If you
tell people how intelligent you are, how good you are in English class, etc,
and then post using spelling and grammer that are on a level nowhere near
your claimed age, then people automatically assume that you are either
deluded, or a troll. Sometimes both.

It's precisely the same as the way the world works in real life.
If you claimed to be rich, but dressed in rags, nobody would believe you,
and would question your motives.

I just
wandered onto this site and thought that it was neat. Thanks to everyone who
is helping me out. I am learning a lot more now than in school because school
is so boring!!!!!!!! It is the truth. So, please don't deny it.

This is going to sound both moralizing and insulting, but it's not intended
that way; I really believe there are no boring places or things, just
unimaginative people. There's ALWAYS something you can get out of wherever
you are, or whatever you're doing. It just takes a little extra effort to
figure out what that may be, at times. At worst, daydreaming is not as
bad as some people make it out to be. :-)

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Old November 17th 06, 09:44 PM posted to misc.kids
Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com

user wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
Umm.. thanks i think. lol. why am i a troll? yea so i act immutture at times.
big deal.

It *is* a big deal. You're in a newsgroup normally inhabited by adults, who
have adult expectations of anyone who posts. Immature behavior from someone
outside the group of regulars is almost invariably because a troll has
decided to focus their attention here.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Sorry I will be careful about my spelling. Alright? I am not a troll. I am
not trying to disturb this site. Fine I will learn to act mature on this site.
Happy??

Old November 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com

user wrote:
are you a product of public education?

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

What lang. is that?

That is mangled Latin.

And thinks what about my posts? Why does everybody spell
my name wrong??

To my knowledge, you've never actually posted your name. We're going going by
your userid, which seems to be a mis-spelling of Nikki, a common variant of
Nicky/Nicolette/etc.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Well I have. It is my username. It is my user name on everything. Please put
a c in front of the first k. Nicolette is a very nice french name.
Unfortantly not mine. It is not amis-spelling. I spell it like that because
to my knowledge no one elese spells it like that.

Old November 17th 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.kids

user wrote:
are you a product of public education?

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

What lang. is that?

That is mangled Latin.

And thinks what about my posts? Why does everybody spell
my name wrong??

To my knowledge, you've never actually posted your name. We're going going by
your userid, which seems to be a mis-spelling of Nikki, a common variant of
Nicky/Nicolette/etc.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Neat I am thinking about learning that after I learn Welsh and Galic
(spelling?).

Old November 17th 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.kids
user

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:24:18 -0500, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
user wrote:

Because, really, every home with children needs medieval siege weapons. ;-)

I've always though long velcro straps should be
standard issue with children ;-)

Yeah, but if you use them too much, the hooks and loops break, and they
become much less effective.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with industrial steel strapping
tape, and buckles. ;-)

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old November 17th 06, 09:51 PM posted to misc.kids
athena

user wrote:
On 17 Nov 2006 10:45:12 -0800, Banty wrote:
In article , user says...

On 17 Nov 2006 08:20:43 -0800, Banty wrote:
In article , Ericka Kammerer
says...

user wrote:

Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

Nope ;-)

She's not a troll - she's posting elsewhere more reasonably, and with facts
consistent with what she has said about herself here. It's just that here she
got put on the defensive with the "public school" comment and is reacting
immaturely. Like, you know, a teen.

Well, OK, I'll defer to your knowledge that she's actually legit. That being
said, though - the repeated assertions that she's highly intelligent, good
at English, etc, in light of the consistently abysmal, sub-eighth-grade writing
is a bog-standard trollish technique for getting a rise out of people. Just
like we're seeing now. ;-)

- Rich

How about: Trollll-*ish*

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.

Whattam doesam thisam meanam?

"I have a catapult. Give me all of your money, or I'll throw rocks
at your head!"

Because, really, every home with children needs medieval siege weapons. ;-)

- Rich

oh good, I thought it was just our house ;-)

take care,
Lisa

Old November 17th 06, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids

user wrote:
you can't spell. you can't write a simple sentence. you
obviously don't know you've wandered onto Usenet... public

[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
[...]

Alright. I will. To the best of my ability. I don't daydream. I don't have
time for that.

Old November 17th 06, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids

athena wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

- Rich

oh good, I thought it was just our house ;-)

take care,
Lisa

Isn't Athena the Greek god of war and wisdom???

Old November 17th 06, 09:55 PM posted to misc.kids
user

user wrote:

[...]

Be honest now - do you have the same problem - endlessly drooling over the toys
at http://www.trebuchet.com ? ;-)

Some call it an addiction. I prefer to think of it as simply being prepared
for ravaging hordes. ( I mean, we ARE parents, after all. )

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old November 17th 06, 10:03 PM posted to misc.kids

user wrote:
Am I the only one who looks at "Nikki's" posts, and thinks -
"Why are you all feeding the troll?"

[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

oh good, I thought it was just our house ;-)

Be honest now - do you have the same problem - endlessly drooling over the toys
at http://www.trebuchet.com ? ;-)

Some call it an addiction. I prefer to think of it as simply being prepared
for ravaging hordes. ( I mean, we ARE parents, after all. )

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

No. All I do is read in my spare time.