Celeb twin birth - Geena Davis

Old May 18th 04, 04:47 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Default Celeb twin birth - Geena Davis

Sophie wrote:

The boys were the second and third children for Davis, 47 and her husband,

Who cares what she named them. The woman gave birth to twins at when
she was ****47**** years old!!!!!! Good for her!!!!! WOW! I was 35
when I gave birth to my twins and 37 with Isabella. I can't imagine 47!

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"Oh please. Now you're the Usenet Savior. Spare me.
At any rate, I don't suspect you'll be able to maintain a nice facade
in any other groups for very long."
~ Nan in MKB

Old May 18th 04, 05:32 AM
Maggie

Em spake thusly
"Sophie" wrote in message

I think Kian is like Ryan.
No idea about Kaiis.

My first thought for Kaiis was like "Case," but it might be two
syllables like Ki-iss. Kian could be like Key-an too, I suppose. Oh the
possibilities....

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an ?),
which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.
--
Maggie
Old May 18th 04, 03:56 PM
SuperEeyore

Maggie wrote:
Em spake thusly
My first thought for Kaiis was like "Case," but it might be two
syllables like Ki-iss. Kian could be like Key-an too, I suppose. Oh
the possibilities....

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an
?), which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.

Okay, I'll ask. Where you are from what is the sound difference of KEE-an
and Key-an?

Because the word key here is pronounced KEE

Laurel

---

Old May 18th 04, 06:43 PM
Em

"SuperEeyore" wrote in message
Maggie wrote:
Em spake thusly
My first thought for Kaiis was like "Case," but it might be two
syllables like Ki-iss. Kian could be like Key-an too, I suppose. Oh
the possibilities....

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an
?), which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.

Okay, I'll ask. Where you are from what is the sound difference of

KEE-an
and Key-an?

Because the word key here is pronounced KEE

I wondered that too. To me, "kee" and "key" are exactly the same as
well. Kee probably would have been a better choice to explain how I
think the name sounds though--I'm not very good at communicating sounds
in print! I suppose "key" could also be read as "cay," depending on the
word you had in mind at the time.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old!

Old May 18th 04, 08:45 PM
Iuil

"Maggie" wrote

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an ?),
which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.

Uh-huh. There's a singer called Kian in a very popular boyband (Westlife)
and both spellings are extremely popular in the under-7 set. I personally
know 5 or 6 kids called Cian around that age.

Jean - crossed it off the list for that very reason

Old May 18th 04, 08:48 PM
Bóliath

Iuil wrote:
"Maggie" wrote

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an ?),
which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.

Uh-huh. There's a singer called Kian in a very popular boyband (Westlife)

squeal

and both spellings are extremely popular in the under-7 set. I personally
know 5 or 6 kids called Cian around that age.

Yup - I know 3, pity 'cos it's a lovely name but in danger of being
Aidan-ised

Old May 18th 04, 10:06 PM
Maggie

SuperEeyore spake thusly
Maggie wrote:
Em spake thusly
My first thought for Kaiis was like "Case," but it might be two
syllables like Ki-iss. Kian could be like Key-an too, I suppose. Oh
the possibilities....

I thought Kian an anglicisation of the Irish Cian (pronounced KEE-an
?), which is apparently a popular name ATM in Ireland.

Okay, I'll ask. Where you are from what is the sound difference of KEE-an
and Key-an?

Sorry, I meant to followup to an earlier post, so my reply doesn't make
as much sense.
--
Maggie