halloween costumes

Old October 22nd 03, 12:58 AM
Karen G

Default halloween costumes

I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
a good source of character dress up clothes?

Karen G

Old October 22nd 03, 12:11 PM
Donna Metler

"Karen G" wrote in message
I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
a good source of character dress up clothes?

Karen G

I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other things
will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my music classes
when we do drama after halloween.

Old October 22nd 03, 02:55 PM
Kevin Karplus

In article , Donna Metler wrote:

"Karen G" wrote in message
I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
a good source of character dress up clothes?

I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other things
will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my music classes
when we do drama after halloween.

We've found thrift stores to be an excellent source of dress-up clothes.
Right after Halloween is a good time, since they bring out lots of the
weirder (better for dressup) clothes in October, and prices drop after
Halloween. For that matter, thrift stores are often a good place to
find parts of Halloween costumes, if you are willing to use some
ingenuity.

--
Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Professor of Computer Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz

Old October 22nd 03, 10:45 PM
Penny Gaines

Donna Metler wrote in :

[snip]
I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other
things will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my
music classes when we do drama after halloween.

In the UK, seasonal items often go on sale before the event they are
celebrating - eg Easter eggs can go on sale the day before Easter.
It might be worth the OP's time to check a day or so before Halloween.

--

Penny Gaines