Video game consoles

Old November 22nd 08, 02:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Default Video game consoles

Hi group,

Out of curiosity, besides the Wii, what is the next best console for video
games?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 22nd 08, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

Sue wrote:
Hi group,

Out of curiosity, besides the Wii, what is the next best console for video
games?

It really depends on what you want to do with
it. For some, the debate is over which has the best
graphics, etc., but especially if you're talking about
a system for kids to use, I think the biggest factor is
often which system has the best selection of games you'd
want your children playing.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 22nd 08, 05:26 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Sue" wrote in message
Hi group,

Out of curiosity, besides the Wii, what is the next best console for video
games?

For little kids, I like the Gamecube, because it's inexpensive and it has
many children's games. Some other systems offer lots more in graphics, but
then the game selection is more mature and I don't like standing over them
to make sure they don't buy the wrong games. At least with Gamecube, just
about every game is acceptable. They don't make new Gamecube games since
the Wii came out, but there are enough used games at Gamestop.

Old November 22nd 08, 10:13 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:26:44 -0800, "toypup"
wrote:

For little kids, I like the Gamecube, because it's inexpensive and it has
many children's games. Some other systems offer lots more in graphics, but
then the game selection is more mature and I don't like standing over them
to make sure they don't buy the wrong games. At least with Gamecube, just
about every game is acceptable. They don't make new Gamecube games since
the Wii came out, but there are enough used games at Gamestop.

Hubby tells me Gamecube games are playable on the Wii. I have no idea
since I avoid knowledge of the games we have.

Nan
Old November 22nd 08, 10:15 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:49:59 -0500, Ericka
wrote:

It really depends on what you want to do with
it. For some, the debate is over which has the best
graphics, etc., but especially if you're talking about
a system for kids to use, I think the biggest factor is
often which system has the best selection of games you'd
want your children playing.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Yes. We also consider the ages and whether the system can withstand
usage by our ah.... *active* 4-1/2 year old ;-)

Nan

Old November 23rd 08, 03:04 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

wrote:

For little kids, I like the Gamecube, because it's inexpensive and it has
many children's games. Some other systems offer lots more in graphics,
but
then the game selection is more mature and I don't like standing over them
to make sure they don't buy the wrong games. At least with Gamecube, just
about every game is acceptable. They don't make new Gamecube games since
the Wii came out, but there are enough used games at Gamestop.

Hubby tells me Gamecube games are playable on the Wii. I have no idea
since I avoid knowledge of the games we have.

True, but Wii games are not playable on the Gamecube. Gamecube is a much
less expensive option.

Old November 23rd 08, 04:23 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"Sue" wrote in message
Hi group,

Out of curiosity, besides the Wii, what is the next best console for video
games?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

I like DreamCast. That's the current one that's hooked up to the TV
I tend to go back and forth between DreamCast and N64. On occasion, I will
go for the Super Nintendo
I don't care much for Xbox and the like games, although we have those
kicking around... IIRC, the Playstations are all up in my bedroom closet - 3
of them and I think I saw an Xbox down in the basement in the laundry room
lol
My long ago ex said something about maybe he'd get DS a Wii for Christmas.
I think that the GameCube is a good one for being not too ancient and still
having a good variety of child/family friendly games.

Old November 24th 08, 01:48 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Ericka" wrote in message
It really depends on what you want to do with
it. For some, the debate is over which has the best
graphics, etc., but especially if you're talking about
a system for kids to use, I think the biggest factor is
often which system has the best selection of games you'd
want your children playing.

Best wishes,
Ericka

I understand that, though I did go through some of the systems games and did
see what was available. I was just wondering though the availability of
games. I don't want to buy a system and then there are no games available.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 24th 08, 01:50 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"toypup" wrote in message
For little kids, I like the Gamecube, because it's inexpensive and it has
many children's games. Some other systems offer lots more in graphics,
but then the game selection is more mature and I don't like standing over
them to make sure they don't buy the wrong games. At least with Gamecube,
just about every game is acceptable. They don't make new Gamecube games
since the Wii came out, but there are enough used games at Gamestop.

I don't have little kids, so I am not worried about the content of the
games. The girls don't like the more violent games, but I just wanted to
make sure of the availability of the games for the system. Thanks.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 24th 08, 01:52 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Kat" wrote in message news:8V4Wk.4193
I like DreamCast. That's the current one that's hooked up to the TV
I tend to go back and forth between DreamCast and N64. On occasion, I
will go for the Super Nintendo
I don't care much for Xbox and the like games, although we have those
kicking around... IIRC, the Playstations are all up in my bedroom closet -
3 of them and I think I saw an Xbox down in the basement in the laundry
room lol
My long ago ex said something about maybe he'd get DS a Wii for Christmas.
I think that the GameCube is a good one for being not too ancient and
still having a good variety of child/family friendly games.

We have Dreamcast and they don't play it. I like the Nintendo games, but it
seems the Wii is the one with the most games the girls will play. We don't
like the games that are so violent like the ones PS has, but it seems like
the nintindo is winning. I really was thinking of Nintendo 64, but it
doesn't look like there are any games available for it. Thanks for all the
information.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)