Irritable Uterus

Old March 28th 04, 04:35 PM
Crystal Dreamer

Default Irritable Uterus

Unadulterated Me wrote:
I have a sensitive uterus that contract's as soon as you look at it, I
don't like to think of it as irritable though, a little grumpy maybe.
What you described sounds like what I would call braxton hicks for me,
but that doesn't mean they are for you. My twins were my 8th pregnancy
so I was well used to knowing what was a real contraction and what
was a practice contraction. All I can say is if in doubt get it
checked, I can't think of anything worse than ignoring them only to
find out you have dilated to 5 cm's and there's no going back.
I'm pleased things have settled down, make sure you get lots of rest
now, and don't forget that protein and water!

Andrea

Thanks for sharing your experience too! What's keeping me from believing
they were BH is my doctor was ready to let me deliver the twins. He told me
there was nothing he could do, and he was just going to let nature take it's
course. I drank over 160 oz of water in a course of 6 to 8 hours, and that
didn't stop them either (I sure had to pee a lot though!)

Thankfully they have haulted for now.

Old March 28th 04, 04:37 PM
Crystal Dreamer

Daye wrote:
I had it with both pregnancies. It started at 7 mos with #1 and at 6
months with #2. I was on bedrest and pain meds. It hurt almost all
day everyday. It ended when the pregnancy ended.

Thanks! My doctor said bedrest would do no good. He said I'd be better off
running a marathon than staying off my feet. Then again he said he
prescribed the nifedipine just to relieve me cramps, and told me to think
hard about whether or not I wanted to take it (after he told me all the side
effects.) He said bedrest and meds wouldn't work, so why have they worked
for so many other women? I just don't get his thinking.

Old March 28th 04, 05:15 PM
JennP

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message

Thanks! My doctor said bedrest would do no good. He said I'd be better

off
running a marathon than staying off my feet. Then again he said he
prescribed the nifedipine just to relieve me cramps, and told me to think
hard about whether or not I wanted to take it (after he told me all the

side
effects.) He said bedrest and meds wouldn't work, so why have they worked
for so many other women? I just don't get his thinking.

And frankly, I don't either. Is this the same doctor you had when you lost
Miriam? Given your experience I cannot believe he would be so cavalier about
this. I hope you find someone who will take you and soon! (((lisa)))
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old March 28th 04, 05:28 PM
Crystal Dreamer

JennP wrote:
And frankly, I don't either. Is this the same doctor you had when you
lost Miriam? Given your experience I cannot believe he would be so
cavalier about this. I hope you find someone who will take you and
soon! (((lisa)))

It's a different doctor. My former doctor was the most wonderful doctor I
could even hope for, but he relocated in December. He was a family
practioner too, and the office he worked at wouldn't let him keep me on
anyway because I'm "double" high risk with a stillbirth and now twins. I'm
so tempted to call him anyway to get his opinion.

Old March 28th 04, 07:04 PM
JennP

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message

It's a different doctor.

Ahhhh.

My former doctor was the most wonderful doctor I
could even hope for, but he relocated in December. He was a family
practioner too, and the office he worked at wouldn't let him keep me on
anyway because I'm "double" high risk with a stillbirth and now twins.

I'm
so tempted to call him anyway to get his opinion.

It hink it's a very good idea to call him. Maybe he has a colleague he can
refer you too.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old March 29th 04, 03:36 AM
Daye

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:37:15 GMT, "Crystal Dreamer"
wrote:

He said bedrest and meds wouldn't work, so why have they worked
for so many other women? I just don't get his thinking.

Well, I was in so much pain that I had to lay down. If I was upright,
I was in so much pain that I would cry.

They gave me pain meds to deal with the pain, and the doctor said that
if laying down made it stop hurting, then I should lay down.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old March 29th 04, 04:02 AM
toypup

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message
effects.) He said bedrest and meds wouldn't work, so why have they worked
for so many other women? I just don't get his thinking.

That's easy to test on yourself. Lie down and see if it helps. If it does,
then he's wrong. Rest up, if it makes you feel better. Just don't lay
around 24/7, unless he tells you to. You risk getting blood clots. I
always got more cx's when I got up and moved around.

Old March 29th 04, 09:06 PM
Ilse Witch

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:30:04 +0000, Crystal Dreamer wrote:

My contractions were coming every two minutes, and Procardia has brought
them to a hault for now.

/exhales

I'm thrilled they have managed to stop the contractions! I was looking out
for a post from you, hoping you'd keep us informed. I have no experience
with an irritable uterus, but what you describe does sound somewhat
familiar. I'll definitely read up on this on the web!

Did you get full time bedrest as well? Are you allowed to stay at home?
When is the next check? (yeah, I should probably read the thread, but I
have no time now...)

--
-- I
mommy to DS (20m)

Old March 29th 04, 09:14 PM
Jamie Clark

Oh please do call and get his opinion! That is a great idea. And he may be
able to make a few calls to old colleagues and get you an appointment with
another very good doctor. Go make that phone call, now!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

retroverted uterus Barbara Pregnancy 5 December 21st 03 09:06 PM
c-section dilemma, another question Ollie Pregnancy 8 October 9th 03 05:16 AM
Uterus measures small? Ellen B. Pregnancy 1 August 13th 03 05:25 PM
When the uterus fails... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 July 13th 03 05:55 AM