Teaching children to buy and REsell on ebay

Old March 27th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
Ignoramus18683

Default Teaching children to buy and REsell on ebay

What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

Old March 27th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
[email protected]

On Mar 27, 10:03 am, Ignoramus18683 ignoramus18...@NOSPAM.
18683.invalid wrote:
What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

That's "American-style values"? Having 5 and 6 year olds doing
things that they can't legally do, and won't really understand?
At 8, do you teach them how to run phishing schemes?

I'd rather see today's children learn reading, spelling, and grammar.

I have seen people use their little kids as shills at garage sales,
to get things cheaper. That's a good lesson in dishonesty.

Kris

Old March 27th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
Jeff

"Ignoramus18683" wrote in message
What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

I think it is good idea to let the kids go out an play.

And teach the kids about reusing materials to save money and use fewer
resources.

Jeff

Old March 27th 07, 05:29 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
ebookstar07

On Mar 27, 12:23 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
"Ignoramus18683" wrote in message

What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

I think it is good idea to let the kids go out an play.

And teach the kids about reusing materials to save money and use fewer
resources.

Jeff

The kids can learn a thing or two about business and how someone's
trash is another person's treasure. I don't think it's a bad idea at
all. =) (Just don't overwork them and make sure to buy their favorite
ice cream!)

Old March 27th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
[email protected]

18683.invalid wrote:
What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

That's "American-style values"? Having 5 and 6 year olds doing
things that they can't legally do, and won't really understand?
At 8, do you teach them how to run phishing schemes?

Do you think that Phishing is part of "American values"?

No. But anyone who thinks a 5 or 6 year-old should be
"selling" on eBay, just might.

I'd rather see today's children learn reading, spelling, and grammar.

There is no better ways to learn spelling than typing eBay auction titles.

OK, I get the joke now. Sorry. I thought you were serious.

Kris

Old March 27th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
Mac

Ignoramus18683 wrote:
What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit.

I think it's not nearly as bad as what Attorney
General Gonzales does to children:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54861

Mac
Old March 27th 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
[email protected]

18683.invalid wrote:
What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

That's "American-style values"? Having 5 and 6 year olds doing
things that they can't legally do, and won't really understand?
At 8, do you teach them how to run phishing schemes?

Do you think that Phishing is part of "American values"?

No. But anyone who thinks a 5 or 6 year-old should be "selling" on
eBay, just might.

So, anyone who disagrees with you, is a crook?

I can see no benefit to a 5 or 6 year-old who has more important
things to learn. Children that young won't connect the buying
to the end results 7 days later. If you want to teach them how
to make money, perhaps they can do household chores while
you sell on eBay

I'd rather see today's children learn reading, spelling, and grammar.

There is no better ways to learn spelling than typing eBay auction titles.

OK, I get the joke now. Sorry. I thought you were serious.

I surely was serious.

There is no better ways to convince me.

Old March 27th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,misc.kids
Banty

In article , Ignoramus18683
says...

What do you people think, is it a good idea to teach 5-6 year old
children to buy stuff at garage sales and sell them on eBay for
profit. I think that it teaches some useful "american style values" as
well as provides quick education about numbers etc.

Teach them to make money by creating something, providing a service, or adding
value to something.

Don't teach them to be parasitical middlemen.

Banty

Teaching Children Their Rights - The Reverse Miranda [email protected] Spanking 3 February 9th 06 12:29 PM
Teaching Children Their Rights - The Reverse Miranda [email protected] Spanking 2 February 8th 06 04:55 AM
Ebay KimandJuan Twins & Triplets 0 March 29th 04 02:12 PM
Teaching children about shapes toto General 57 January 17th 04 04:45 PM