Best manual pump?

Old May 8th 06, 03:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Best manual pump?

I thought I would ask the group. There are times when I need to pump
some milk, but am in the car or out and about. I have an electric
pump, but its not very portable.

I was wondering about possibilities for a good, efficient, quality
manual pump. I do have an inverter device that I can plug into my
car's cig lighter, so it could be an electric, single side pump...but
it'd have to be small.

For example, do you like either the Avent Isis or Avent Isis IQ? Any
others that work well too?

Thanks in advance.
maureen

Old May 8th 06, 07:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought I would ask the group. There are times when I need to pump
some milk, but am in the car or out and about. I have an electric
pump, but its not very portable.

I was wondering about possibilities for a good, efficient, quality
manual pump. I do have an inverter device that I can plug into my
car's cig lighter, so it could be an electric, single side pump...but
it'd have to be small.

For example, do you like either the Avent Isis or Avent Isis IQ? Any
others that work well too?

I've used the Isis for a few years. no complaints.
Amanda

Old May 8th 06, 12:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Avent Isis is generally well thought of, I thought the IQ was electric.

It's worth checking if your electric pump has a manual attachment that you
can purchase for less than the Isis, then you would use you existing kit
with that attachment

Anne

Old May 8th 06, 04:10 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I have the Ameda/Egnell Elite hospital grade pump. I have the
hygeni-kit, but their manual pump thing really is ineffective.

Thanks!

Old May 8th 06, 06:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the Ameda/Egnell Elite hospital grade pump. I have the
hygeni-kit, but their manual pump thing really is ineffective.

well I've never used it, so I didn't know, but it was worth a try!

Anne

Old May 8th 06, 08:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the Ameda/Egnell Elite hospital grade pump. I have the
hygeni-kit, but their manual pump thing really is ineffective.

well I've never used it, so I didn't know, but it was worth a try!

Anne

This also applies to the Lactina-yes, you can use the kit separately as a
manual pump, but I wouldn't recommend it. I used an Isis as my backup when I
was pumping many times a day and needed one-one of the major downsides of
EPing is that pumping discreetly away from home is significantly more
difficult than NIPing.