Cloth diapers, at it again!!!

Old April 29th 06, 04:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Cloth diapers, at it again!!!

So I have been trying really hard to make this work but I am still
having a hard time getting them tight enough. I can see why pampers
evolved. I guess there is a price to pay for being environmentally
conscience. I've been working with prefolds but if I can't make this
work I'm going to switch to the fitted ones. Any other tips on getting
a tight and SECURE prefold. I'd rather not have to resort to washing
fitteds at home.

Old April 29th 06, 05:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"peggy-o" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I have been trying really hard to make this work but I am still
having a hard time getting them tight enough. I can see why pampers
evolved. I guess there is a price to pay for being environmentally
conscience. I've been working with prefolds but if I can't make this
work I'm going to switch to the fitted ones. Any other tips on getting
a tight and SECURE prefold. I'd rather not have to resort to washing
fitteds at home.

Sorry, I'm not much help. We tried prefolds with our daughter but couldn't
get the hang of it so switched to disposables. This time we're gonna try
cloth again but go with the Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers which I have heard
great things about.

Sarah
Katheryn 01.28.02
EDD 09.16.06

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Show your support for breastfeeding
http://www.cafepress.com/breastbenefits
http://www.cafepress.com/bmiab

Old April 29th 06, 08:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Sarah Barnett wrote:
"peggy-o" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

I have heard great things about FB's. I am going to try out Growing
Greens diapers with some wool soakers.

Jo
Old April 29th 06, 09:10 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Im okay with the prefolds if we are in the house, but I use the al
natural "Tushies" brand disposables when we go out. If he only pee pees
the prefolds are great and I have not had any leaks ( I also use the
"Bummies" diaper cover). Its the BF explosive poops that are hard to
contain no matter how tight I think I did the prefold. I think when hes
in the next size Im going to try Kissaluvs Unbleached fitted
all-in-one diapers.
Check out this site, I have done some research and found this is a good
price for this brand.
http://www.littlesproutsdiapers.com
Im going to check out the Fuzzi Bunz that you heard about too.

Old April 29th 06, 09:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I have a wool soaker that I use at night and I think its great! My baby
does not poop at night so its fine for pee-pees. Its very soft (softer
than you'd think it would be). The only thing is that its very bulky
so you may want to get summer pjs in the next size up for extra room.
Of course on a hot night they can sleep in just the diappy if your like
me and don't like a very airconditioned house that's like an ice box.

Old April 30th 06, 01:46 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

peggy-o wrote:
So I have been trying really hard to make this work but I am still
having a hard time getting them tight enough. I can see why pampers
evolved. I guess there is a price to pay for being environmentally
conscience. I've been working with prefolds but if I can't make this
work I'm going to switch to the fitted ones. Any other tips on getting
a tight and SECURE prefold. I'd rather not have to resort to washing
fitteds at home.

Are you the person from a few weeks ago? Did you look at
www.tinytots.com? I do my diapers exactly the way they show in their
video, and they are pretty secure. I use pins, not a snappy clip, and
velcro covers. Where is the diaper too loose - around the waist, or
between the legs? If you are using the method in these videos, are you
folding the diaper down enough in the first step? This will affect the
looseness between the legs. The amount you fold it down changes as the
baby grows (fold down less with a bigger baby). When you pull the corner
around from the back, you can pull it as far forward as you need to over
the top of the front flap, don't just meet it to the corner. Then when
you pull around the second corner, you can really snug it tight around
the waist. Any additional loosenes between the legs should be snugged up
by the diaper cover - are you using too big a size?

-Karen-
Old April 30th 06, 02:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"peggy-o" wrote:

Im okay with the prefolds if we are in the house, but I use the al
natural "Tushies" brand disposables when we go out. If he only pee pees
the prefolds are great and I have not had any leaks ( I also use the
"Bummies" diaper cover). Its the BF explosive poops that are hard to
contain no matter how tight I think I did the prefold. I think when hes
in the next size Im going to try Kissaluvs Unbleached fitted
all-in-one diapers.
Check out this site, I have done some research and found this is a good
price for this brand.
http://www.littlesproutsdiapers.com
Im going to check out the Fuzzi Bunz that you heard about too.

I really love the kissaluvs. Still using them on my almost 11 month old.

rj

Old April 30th 06, 04:05 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I agree with the tinytots suggestion (we used them for a year, until I
gave up on cloth after Micah started doing the scream-and-stand-up
diaper changing routine). I very rarely had any problems with blowouts
up the back except for when he was still exclusively breastfed. There
was occasional leakage around the leg openings, but it wasn't too bad.
I never tried any fancy shaped/fitted diapers/covers, since we were
using a service; the prefolds worked just fine, and I followed the
tinytots video instructions, complete with the 'poop chute'.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old April 30th 06, 06:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Yes that was me. I use the diaper service Healthy Way Diaper Service. I
did go to tiny tots website. Im having the leakage around the legs not
up the back. I fold down the top as much as I can and use the Snappi to
hold it in place. It seems tight but then when I go to change him again
its seems so much looser and the poop leaks out. I thinkIm getting
better at it but its a struggle everytime. It takes me three times as
long to change the diaper.

Do you use prefolds? Maybe I should try the pins instead? I'm pretty
sure Im using the correct size. I told them how much the baby
weighed.He wears a medium Bummies velcro cover.

Old April 30th 06, 10:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

peggy-o wrote:
Yes that was me. I use the diaper service Healthy Way Diaper Service. I
did go to tiny tots website. Im having the leakage around the legs not
up the back. I fold down the top as much as I can and use the Snappi to
hold it in place. It seems tight but then when I go to change him again
its seems so much looser and the poop leaks out. I thinkIm getting
better at it but its a struggle everytime. It takes me three times as
long to change the diaper.

Do you use prefolds? Maybe I should try the pins instead? I'm pretty
sure Im using the correct size. I told them how much the baby
weighed.He wears a medium Bummies velcro cover.

Yes, I'm using diaper service prefolds, I bought mine from Tiny Tots
when we moved out of their service area. I'm thinking you might want to
go down a size in covers - I'm using medium Bummis on my over 32lb 2
year old (at his 2yo well baby visit, he was 50th percentile for a *3*
year old). Didn't you say your baby is only 6 months old? Pins I think
are a YMMV thing - lots of people are uncomfortable using them, but we
have always used them with no problems. But seeing as you're having
difficulties, try as many different ways as you can to see if you can
make headway on your problems.

-Karen-

Questions on cloth diapers Donna Metler Pregnancy 13 August 4th 04 09:30 PM
WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
cloth diapers Small Haul Pregnancy 8 March 8th 04 10:47 PM
washing cloth diapers Jen Pregnancy 5 July 24th 03 05:56 PM