Can a baby drop without feeling any relief?

Old April 27th 06, 05:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Can a baby drop without feeling any relief?

For the last five days or so, I've been feeling the uncomfortable signs
of a dropped baby -- *greatly* increased urgency/frequency of
urination, pressure on my pelvic region, and some new back pain -- but
I haven't felt the "relief" of a less crowded stomach or lungs. Is it
possible for a baby to drop without actually feeling "lightening," or
is he likely still up there?

For the record, with DD, I never even began to feel the discomforts of
a crowded stomach, breathlessness, or heartburn, so I can't really
extrapolate from that experience.

-Carlye
DD 9-29-04
DS EDD 6-2-06

Old April 27th 06, 05:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

carlye wrote:
For the last five days or so, I've been feeling the uncomfortable signs
of a dropped baby -- *greatly* increased urgency/frequency of
urination, pressure on my pelvic region, and some new back pain -- but
I haven't felt the "relief" of a less crowded stomach or lungs. Is it
possible for a baby to drop without actually feeling "lightening," or
is he likely still up there?

You couldn't really tell by me. When people
asked me if I was carrying low or high, I said, "Both!" ;-)
I'm short waisted, so I never felt like I had room
on either end late in pregnancy. When my babies were
well engaged, I was still feeling heartburn and
whatnot from being squished up above.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old April 27th 06, 06:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

You couldn't really tell by me. When people
asked me if I was carrying low or high, I said, "Both!" ;-)
I'm short waisted, so I never felt like I had room
on either end late in pregnancy. When my babies were
well engaged, I was still feeling heartburn and
whatnot from being squished up above.

whereas I on the other had never felt particularly squished from above,
though I wouldn't say I'm particularly long waisted, I'm just not short
waisted! So I'm sure it's possible for the babies position to change and for
it to drop, but to not get any relief. Despite not feeling much at the top,
I did manage to very distinctly carry one high and one low.

Cheers

Anne

Old April 28th 06, 03:13 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"carlye" wrote in message
oups.com...
For the last five days or so, I've been feeling the uncomfortable signs
of a dropped baby -- *greatly* increased urgency/frequency of
urination, pressure on my pelvic region, and some new back pain -- but
I haven't felt the "relief" of a less crowded stomach or lungs. Is it
possible for a baby to drop without actually feeling "lightening," or
is he likely still up there?

For the record, with DD, I never even began to feel the discomforts of
a crowded stomach, breathlessness, or heartburn, so I can't really
extrapolate from that experience.

-Carlye
DD 9-29-04
DS EDD 6-2-06

oh poor you carlye... sounds awful. Must just be growing. Hope you can get
some rest or relief

chris