A little about me...

Old August 7th 04, 09:42 PM
Carrie

Default A little about me...

Now that i see there are some people in here. I'm single, pregnant and i
have a six year old daughter that is with my mother for a while. I've
got a lot of down time considering i am on bed rest and the baby isn't
due until october 23rd. I would like to make some friends online to help
me through since i don't really have any friends now. I just moved a
couple of weeks ago and didn't have a chance to meet anyone before i was
sent to bed. Hope to meet all of you soon... Carrie

Old August 10th 04, 04:59 AM
slykitten

Hi,
I too am new here. Just found this group tonight. I have 3 kids, my son's 8,
daughters are ages 6 and 21 months. my 8 year old's biological father is not
in the picture (never really was thank goodness!) and he's a special needs
child.
I can't imagine what bedrest must feel like during a pregnancy for the
remainder. I was on bedrest for about 3 days before I lost the baby.... I
was also only 6 weeks pregnant. I do hope that everything goes smoothly. My
girls' daddy (I've been with him for 7 years now!) became dad to my son when
my son was only 15 months old. He's remained in my son's life and is dad in
every single way that counts. He's definately one of the rare ones that I'm
hanging on to for dear life! I will say this though, if you ever need any
support, I'm here. Hang in there!

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

Old August 10th 04, 05:30 PM
slykitten

It's possible.... I post to alt.pets.rabbits and there's a newsgroup that I
used to post to for survivors of domestic violence... I find that my animals
are especially comforting when I feel a meltdown coming on. In fact, in my
spare time, I write stories where my rabbits are the main characters. =)

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:59:32 -0600, "slykitten"
wrote:

[...]

Welcome to you too! I wonder if we've met before in another group.
Your nick is so familiar.

'Kate

Old August 11th 04, 01:16 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Nope.. neither of those groups. My mistake then.

Try alt.support.grief.......and it wasn't pretty

Old August 11th 04, 01:50 AM
slykitten

Writing helps me to deal with some of my son's meltdowns. The beauty of it
is that I'll write about one of his meltdowns with a different name for a
character, I tweak it a little and then we talk about the character and how
the character can learn to cope and feel better. It actually works great! =)

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:30:33 -0600, "slykitten"
wrote:

It's possible.... I post to alt.pets.rabbits and there's a newsgroup that

used to post to for survivors of domestic violence... I find that my

animals
are especially comforting when I feel a meltdown coming on. In fact, in

my
spare time, I write stories where my rabbits are the main characters. =)

Nope.. neither of those groups. My mistake then.

That's a nice hobby... writing. I'll bet the children have enjoyed
growing up with the rabbit stories.

'Kate

Old August 11th 04, 09:47 PM
denanson

"slykitten" wrote in message

I find that my animals
are especially comforting when I feel a meltdown coming on. In fact, in my
spare time, I write stories where my rabbits are the main characters. =)

I have to agree, there is nothing better than a good rabbit stew to take my
mind off things.

"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

Is this a reference to nuclear waste?

Dennis

Old August 11th 04, 10:01 PM
denanson

"'Kate" wrote in message

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:50:57 -0600, "slykitten"
wrote:

Writing helps me to deal with some of my son's meltdowns. The beauty of

it
is that I'll write about one of his meltdowns with a different name for a
character, I tweak it a little and then we talk about the character and

how
the character can learn to cope and feel better. It actually works great!

=)

That is really smart! Good for you for figuring out a way to reach
him that is nonthreatening.

Just been reading about the self help childrens stories that are all the
rage in America ATM, nightlights and the dinosaur series etc. Don't know
what is wrong with the normal stuff I have been doing since Freddie was
minus 40 weeks though, he seems to have done well enough on it. On to "I,
Robot" ATM after seeing the film last weekend. He still sits half on my knee
and half on the edge of the chair and snuggles in as he gets sleepy!

Dennis

Old August 11th 04, 10:02 PM
denanson

"slykitten" wrote in message
Hi,
I too am new here. Just found this group tonight. I have 3 kids, my son's

8,
daughters are ages 6 and 21 months.

Greetings from Ireland,
Dennis