Proud To Be Single Parent !!!!!!

Old August 19th 04, 10:26 PM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:38:38 GMT, lm
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:23:33 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:50:12 -0400, (Carrie)
wrote:

There is a lot of negativity flying around about single parents and i
don't really understand it. I am single and PROUD of the fact that take
care of my children alone. I didn't choose to do it alone and i don't
see it any differently then if the other parent had died. I live in a
small old fashioned community that has a lot of conservative elderly
people. These people who were raised strict catholics don't look down

on
me for being alone or having children without being married. In fact,
they are proud of me as well. They see that i am stronger then most and
do the work of two. They see the love, care, attention, and affection
that i give double. They see my struggles and pains and my refusal to
give up. It doesn't matter what a troll or flamer has to say. They are
unaware of what we go through. They also don't know the posative that
comes from it. My daughter is only 6 and already she had told me that
she prefers to have one great parent then two lousy ones. Hold your

head
up high and be proud.

Oh I sure wish you hadn't posted that. I disagree with so much of it
that I can't even begin to respond.

Kate just stick with the second-to-last sentence. One great parent
versus two lousy ones. She's doing her best.

Carrie, skim through the archives a bit for some interesting reading.

lm

She's doing her best... but she's digging deeper holes with each
choice. IT's as if.. by magic... she's wound up pregnant *twice*.

I'm not proud to be a single parent. I'm proud that my children are
good kids. I'm just doing my job.. the job that I elected to do when
I made the decision to have children.

'Kate

Kate that's not fair. She said she was on birthcontrol when she got
pregnant the second time. Need I remind you that such things can happen
even when we're fully protecting ourselves.

Christine

Old August 20th 04, 12:45 AM
Tiffany

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Carrie" wrote in message

My daughter is only 6 and already she had told me that
she prefers to have one great parent then two lousy ones.

You made that up.
A six year old could not possibly have the understanding and rationale to
come to that kind of a conclusion.
I suspect that you are priming your child to suit your own personal
circumstances.

Dennis

Plus how does one so young know of dysfunctional parenting unless living in
it?

Old August 20th 04, 02:03 AM
Zoey

wrote:

[...]

Maybe.......but there is plenty of evidence that two 'lousy' parents are
still better for a child than one 'good' one.

What evidence?

Old August 20th 04, 03:09 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:26:32 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

She didn't get pregnant because her birth control failed. She got
pregnant because she had sexual intercourse. Birth control does not
cause pregnancies. The failure of the birth control wouldn't have
mattered had she not chosen to have sex at that time.

'Kate

Oh give me a break. She took the necessary precaution and you're going
after her for getting pregnant a second time, that's very judgemental.

Christine

Old August 20th 04, 04:52 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message

She didn't get pregnant because her birth control failed. She got
pregnant because she had sexual intercourse. Birth control does not
cause pregnancies. The failure of the birth control wouldn't have
mattered had she not chosen to have sex at that time.

'Kate

Oh give me a break. She took the necessary precaution and you're going
after her for getting pregnant a second time, that's very judgemental.

Christine

LOL... ok. Pregnancies are not caused by sexual intercourse... it's
all the fault of the birth control.

'Kate

Quit arguing semantics. Of course having sexual intercourse causes
pregnancy, you have a knack for the obvious today. I'm talking about the
fact she took a precaution against that... and she became pregnant anyways.
Let's all stop having sex because it could lead to pregnancy... yeah that'll
happen. Give me a break Kate, that's ridiculous. The fact that you are
judging her though, is uncalled for and frankly I'm appalled.

Christine

Old August 21st 04, 01:39 PM
denanson

"Carrie" wrote in message

I did not make anything up. My daughter is extremely intelligent and
quite independent for her age. She may only be starting the first grade
but she is already reading my parenting and baby magazines better then
my 12 year old brother. The only influencing she has had is the exposure
to as much as she can grasp educationally.

So from where did she get the exposure to two lousey parents so that she
could draw a conclusion? If it wasn't from you, it must be from someone in
your family as you have stated that they help with her upbringing.

I have to admit that at times
her speech and writing can be terrible but she makes up for it by
excelling in her vocabulary and comprehension. Some children are simply
more advanced in certain areas then others and that is a fact of life.

True, but you are only saying that as a kind of global cop out.
You made up your original statement. If you didn't then you must be the
lousey parent your daughter used to make the judgment.

Dennis

Old August 22nd 04, 02:35 AM
Zoe

"Carrie" wrote in message

I did not make anything up. My daughter is extremely intelligent and
quite independent for her age. She may only be starting the first grade
but she is already reading my parenting and baby magazines better then
my 12 year old brother. The only influencing she has had is the exposure
to as much as she can grasp educationally.

So from where did she get the exposure to two lousey parents so that she
could draw a conclusion? If it wasn't from you, it must be from someone in
your family as you have stated that they help with her upbringing.

Gosh - you guys are all so nice. Good for you supporting Carrie like
that.

I have to admit that at times
her speech and writing can be terrible but she makes up for it by
excelling in her vocabulary and comprehension. Some children are simply
more advanced in certain areas then others and that is a fact of life.

True, but you are only saying that as a kind of global cop out.
You made up your original statement. If you didn't then you must be the
lousey parent your daughter used to make the judgment.

Tell me - do you kill your prey before you eat it?

Old August 24th 04, 12:54 AM
Joelle

Let's all stop having sex because it could lead to pregnancy... yeah that'll
happen.

It's a responsible choice especially if you are already raising one child
without a father. The fact that you are
judging her though, is uncalled for and frankly I'm appalled.

Well I'm rather appalled that people would rather view her as a "victim"
because her birth control failed. The real victims are the children. When you
choose to have sexual intercourse and you or your partner is still fertile, you
choose to risk bringing another child in the world and what is so judgmental
about suggesting that you should be prepared to provide what a child needs when
you make that choice?

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old August 24th 04, 04:49 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not viewing her as a victim, I'm saying she took precautions, they
failed and her keeping it, is her choice... meaning no one has a right to
judge her for it. But belabouring the point does nothing.

Christine

Where's Bri ? Nick Single Parents 3 April 24th 04 12:27 PM
December's FAQ turtledove Single Parents 1 December 7th 03 07:37 PM
November's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 November 1st 03 04:13 PM
July's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 July 1st 03 09:43 PM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 June 27th 03 04:14 PM