Update on my mom..and Us!

Old October 1st 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Update on my mom..and Us!

Thought I'd update a little on mom. I came back home after 25 days of
her in and out of the hospital.
They finally decided they could not diagnose her and brought in a
hematologist/oncologist that wanted to do some outpatient testing. The
other test results showed something not right with her blood, they
decided to tell us a couple possible diagnosis A.) Castleman Disease
and B.) Multiple Myeloma. Both look pretty scary to me......

The day before they discharged her she agreed to go into a Skilled
Nursing Facility. My sis and I were very relieved. She has been having
physical therapy and 24 hour care. The day before she left the hospital
they tried to walk her as they had been daily but this time she had an
episode of heart rate in the 140's and blood oxygen saturation at 80
and dropping, it was like she was running a race physically at a slow
walk of about 10 feet! Blood work was done and they found her
hemoglobin was low so they said they needed to give her blood and 2
pints were given. The last time this happened they said she was
bleeding internally. Apparently they decided she was not this time
bleeding internally cause the very next day the shipped her off to the
SNF!

Yesterday er no the day before I spoke to her on the phone and she says
"I am fine!" as long as I stay in bed........

So I called sis and suggested she have them check her blood again
because those same symptoms of increased heartrate and dropping blood
oxygen are back full force after about a week or so after the blood was
given at the hospital .

I have since learned that sis discussed this with moms nurse and they
will get on it. I also have learned the bone Marroe Biopsy is scheduled
for this Wednesday. I wonder how long it will be before we hear the
results. Until then my plans stand at waiting for a diagnosis , getting
caught up here at home, spending time with my crew here and when and if
we need to go for a second opinion, I will be going back out with my
sister and mom then.

My oldest daughter J will be graduating from the Art Institute in San
Francisco on the 15th of Dec. and I'll be attending that for sure! Her
goal and dream is to work for "Dream Works" and make movies! I think
she will do just that :-) !

My youngest daughter S is doing O.K her pregnancy is going well and she
is making plans for her future which is a very good thing!

My granddaughter J continues to keep it real and I am having the time
of my life with her ! She will be 3 on Dec 20th

Mari works more than any human should have to and I miss her and
appreciate her for caring so much for us and to sacrifice as much as
she does to help us. Where do I find these people grin I am truly the
lucky one...........

O.K I avoided the litter boxes all I can now .......ewwwww yuckity yuck
yuck yuck !

Bev

Old October 2nd 06, 05:25 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 1 Oct 2006 11:14:12 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

Thanks for the update. I had wondered how your mom was doing.

'K

Hmmmmm........and so I thought I did mention this the last we
talked...my bad!