Is it just me...?

Old July 10th 03, 07:55 PM

Default Is it just me...?

has anyone notice the serious lack of support for SINGLE FATHERS in the real
world? Maybe I just have overlooked it. Everything having to do with single
parents just seems to always be geared to SINGLE MOTHERS.

Just an observation. If I'm wrong...I'm sorry!

Old July 10th 03, 09:38 PM
Rolly The Pervert

wrote in message
has anyone notice the serious lack of support for SINGLE FATHERS in the

real
world? Maybe I just have overlooked it. Everything having to do with

single
parents just seems to always be geared to SINGLE MOTHERS.

Just an observation. If I'm wrong...I'm sorry!

Tom, you got Justin a toy, where's mine!

Old July 10th 03, 09:56 PM
Joelle

What kind of support are you looking for that you are not getting?

Joelle
Old July 10th 03, 10:22 PM
dolores

wrote in message
has anyone notice the serious lack of support for SINGLE FATHERS in the

real
world? Maybe I just have overlooked it. Everything having to do with

single
parents just seems to always be geared to SINGLE MOTHERS.

Just an observation. If I'm wrong...I'm sorry!

That's probably something to do with the fact that single fathers are only a
recent phemonenom, historically it was usually the mother that was left to
raise the kids, while the man was gone off somewhere on a jolly, or had
simply abandoned his family. Thankfully things are changing. And count
yourself lucky that you are a modern day single parent. Imagine how tough
it would have been 20 30 years ago, hell even ten years ago...I've seen some
huge changes in the past decade wrt single parents, and if the facilities
that are currently in place were there when I first became a s/p my life
would have been a damn sight easier.

Also, I reckon that if you go anywhere that is geared towards single mothers
you will probably find that you will be welcomed, regardless of your sex.

Dolores

Old July 10th 03, 10:31 PM
Rolly The Pervert

"dolores" wrote in message

That's probably something to do with the fact that single fathers are only

recent phemonenom, historically it was usually the mother that was left to
raise the kids, while the man was gone off somewhere on a jolly, or had
simply abandoned his family. Thankfully things are changing. And count

Actually delores, putting aside your ignorace for a moment, the biggest
reason you didn't see single dads with kids is COURTS wouldn't and still
don't like to give the father custody unless the mom is in really really bad
shape, and even then.

Old July 11th 03, 01:11 AM
turtledove

wrote in message
has anyone notice the serious lack of support for SINGLE FATHERS in the

real
world? Maybe I just have overlooked it. Everything having to do with

single
parents just seems to always be geared to SINGLE MOTHERS.

Just an observation. If I'm wrong...I'm sorry!

Guess you haven't been on this group very long. Why don't you hang around
and see how many fathers are in the group....

Old July 11th 03, 06:21 PM
Karen O'Mara

" wrote in message ...
has anyone notice the serious lack of support for SINGLE FATHERS in the real
world? Maybe I just have overlooked it. Everything having to do with single
parents just seems to always be geared to SINGLE MOTHERS.

Just an observation. If I'm wrong...I'm sorry!

Do you mean financial support or emotional support or what?

We all have the same resources available to us, it seems to me...

Karen
Old July 12th 03, 03:38 AM

It just seems that most of the programs are geared towards single mothers.
My problems is the even though I don't make the BIG $$$$, I make more than
most supplemental programs allow ( rent, day care subsidies, etc, etc...)

It get to be a bit frustrating when you can't get in to any of the programs
to get a bit of help 'cuz you "make too much money", yet you live from check
to check trying to balance food, utilities, clothes, and other
necessaties...

Don't pay me any mind, I'm just frustrated... Once I move, things will have
a different focus...
I just really need a trip to Disneyland!

- Vince Vega

Old July 12th 03, 02:40 PM
Joelle

It just seems that most of the programs are geared towards single mothers.
My problems is the even though I don't make the BIG $$$$, I make more than
most supplemental programs allow ( rent, day care subsidies, etc, etc...)

oh so support for you means money. Well I guess we can't help you with that.
But if you are in the US, I'm pretty sure it would be illegal for any
government programs that dole out money to discriminate against men.

It get to be a bit frustrating when you can't get in to any of the programs
to get a bit of help 'cuz you "make too much money", yet you live from check
to check trying to balance food, utilities, clothes, and other
necessaties...

Why don't you look at the positive side, despite the difficulties, you are
able to support your family and you can be proud that you don't have to rely on
charity to support your family.

I just really need a trip to Disneyland!

Yea too bad there aren't any government programs for that...

Joelle