Reduced Fetal Movement?

Old June 8th 05, 04:33 PM

Default Reduced Fetal Movement?

I am pg with baby#2 (a girl). I am exactly 25 weeks now. Since about
week 14, this little one has been very, very active. I could feel
movement very early this time around and also tons of poking around
(even a foot poked right up at around 20 weeks!) and what felt like
rolling around. Every time I drank coke, ate anything high in
sugar/starch, she responded immediately. When I'd roll around in bed
she would respond with a big kick or poke!

Starting yesterday, this movement started to decrease substantially -
in frequency and in intensity. She still kicked a little bit when I
slept last night (but very lightly, like she's too weak to kick hard
anymore) and doesn't really respond to food anymore.

She's still alive and moving around in there (well more than 10
movements per day), it's just her movement has decreased from something
like a couple hundred times per day to maybe 50 times per day. I am
concerned that something is prohibiting her movement (like a cord
wrapped around her or something like that).

I am measuring larger than I should be at this time (measuring a few
weeks ahead), and I know that space can get limited around 28 weeks,
perhaps she is just very cramped? But, how can movement change so
rapidly in just one day? I would've expected a slower decline if it
was a space issue.

With baby#1, movement was very consistent throughout my pg, so no cause
for alarm. Anyone experience this type of change in movement?

Thanks,
Paula

Old June 8th 05, 05:10 PM
Welches

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Has she moved position? #2 was much more active when she was lying down my
right side than left at about 25 weeks.
Debbie

Old June 9th 05, 04:29 AM

Welches wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Funny you should mention this, Debbie. It just occured to me this
afternoon that she has moved more to the back of my belly (she used to
be more near the front). Now her movement cannot be detected as easily
and it doesn't seem as intense. I am wondering if this is because my
placenta has moved up (I have partial previa). Hmmmmm.....

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I think all is well. Things are just
shifting around in there, I think!

Paula

STIRRHS: Fetal vs. Maternal malposition Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 April 20th 05 05:42 PM
Feeling fetal movement medgirl Pregnancy 17 October 19th 04 06:56 AM
Fetal movement medgirl Pregnancy 5 September 6th 04 10:42 AM
Fetal movement at 14 weeks Amy Pregnancy 9 January 12th 04 10:58 PM
Fetal movement too much? Ollie Pregnancy 6 October 6th 03 08:41 PM