Ugh.............

Old March 25th 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default God loves the sinner but hates the sin

On 24 Mar 2006 06:13:04 -0800, "Bev" wrote:

This child of mine will never stop ! The home front has been quite
peaceful since we decided it be a good idea for her to get out on her
own. The visits at my home are nice and she has done a good job being
here for her daughter the weeks we have her. She has made a scattered
effort at returning to school half day, she did mess up her chance to
graduate this June by her attendance or lack of I should say. The
assistant principle told her she will graduate when she meets the
reguirements and that would be up to her. He also offered her FREE
summer school! I wish she would see just how much she is being offered.

Now I am being told she is getting MARRIED! She has only been with this
guy for a couple months and it has been on and off .Once because he
broke it off and went back with his old girlfriend for one day then
came back wanting her to go back with him saying he made a mistake, he
does not feel the same way for his old girlfriend as he does her. Then
a few weeks later she broke it off with him saying he was too clingy.
NOW they are getting married ! At first I thought she was just looking
for my reaction , playing with my head as she loves to do. Last night
she told me he wants to ask me for her hand in marriage! I really don't
think they are of their right minds.........I asked her "do you realise
the committment marriage is ?"

I have very little control of the outcome of this I think. I will talk
to him, and I will tell him that I think they should wait , that he
can't possibly know what he is getting himself into, I am certain my
daughter can not make this committment to him, yea she is 18 1/2 but
her track record of irresponsibility to herself and her own future,
inability to commit to a relationship ( she is always looking for
something better) always running out on relationships when she starts
to" feel". She is not working, not attending school and not capable of
having unsupervised custody of her child.

This guy is out of his everloving mind! He is only 18-19 himself, was
just recently talking about joining the military ? Maybe they should
both join the military and if they make it through that and still want
to be married at least they will have learned some discipline and
committment!

This is just something for her to do this week ! Where's the Valium !