Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil

Old August 23rd 07, 06:31 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Peter Bowditch

Default Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil

"George Conklin" wrote:

"Myrl" wrote in message
oups.com...
250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

Well, the anti-vaccine people don't care.

The more dead bodies in the pile the happier they are.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old August 23rd 07, 07:14 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Myrl" wrote in message
ups.com...
250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

The key word here is "estimated" and who is doing the estimating? Do you
think that the "estimators" have any financial interest in all this?

Old August 23rd 07, 07:17 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Jeff" wrote .

Lots of drivile. Please do protect your children from people like him.

Jeff

Old August 23rd 07, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"George Conklin" wrote in message

"Myrl" wrote in message
ups.com...
250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

Well, the anti-vaccine people don't care.

No, George, the anti-vac people are not buying the BS.

Old August 23rd 07, 07:20 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Jeff" wrote in message
Ilena Rose wrote:
To: Merck / Jeff P Utz / Myrl Jeffcoat etc:

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is

estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could
be prevented with Gardasil.

Yes, we know. That's the Merck 'talking point' of the week. You've
been posting it on every post I begin like it's a Mantra from God.
It's not, Myrl ... it's Merck pushing a drug with your help.

Mine, too, I hope. I am proud to help get out the word about this
life-saving treatment.

Your choice of using pre-teen and adolescent children to be lab rats
for this highly marketed and promoted and potentially dangerous and
even deadly drug, Myrl Jeffcoat, so that Merck can make it's $4.5
billion in inet income again is abhorrent to me, Myrl Jeffcoat.

I don't see the kids being used as being lab rats. Rather, I see them as
in 10 to 40 years out as having much lower risk of developing cervical
cancer and more likely to be spared the diagnosis, chemotherapy, surgery
and fear that comes with such a diagnosis.

And I see their kids and grandkids being more likely to enjoy have mom
and grandma around for many more years.

SCIENTIST: How Much Should Gardasil Cost?

http://www.the-scientist.com/article/home/53410/

The company estimates its net incomefor 2006 at nearly $4.5 billion.

So what?

They make lots of money off the vaccine. They also put a lot of money
into developing the vaccine.

Gee, $360 for a reduced risk of dying of cancer. Not a tough choice.

Jeff

My wife's contact in public health told her a few weeks ago that only one
mother in the clinics has turned down Gardasal for her daughter, when it
was
offered.

Ok, so you have lots of stupid fear-driven mothers in your part of town.
Still not right.

Old August 23rd 07, 07:21 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Coleah" wrote in
Nothing worth reading.

Old August 23rd 07, 07:22 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
A lie.

Old August 23rd 07, 12:06 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics

"Myrl" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 22, 11:14 pm, "t" wrote:
"Myrl" wrote in message

ups.com...

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

The key word here is "estimated" and who is doing the estimating? Do
you
think that the "estimators" have any financial interest in all this?-

Certainly the numbers reported by industry "may" have more suspicion
related to them, then the numbers emanating from the CDC, WHO, UNICEF,
etc. After digesting all the data, the numbers emanating from the
most reliable sources, estimate between 250,000 - 290,000.

I purposefully quoted the lower number of lives saved - to provide
room for the anti-vac folks to hang themselves!

http://www.webstarmagic.com/wisletter.htm

So when are you going to post something from a independent source?

Old August 23rd 07, 01:30 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Jeff

t wrote:
"Jeff" wrote .

Lots of drivile. Please do protect your children from people like him.
Jeff

Why don't educate us and show us where what I wrote was "lots of drivel?"

Have a lovely day.

Jeff
Old August 23rd 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
George Conklin[_2_]

"George Conklin" wrote:

"Myrl" wrote in message
oups.com...
250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

Well, the anti-vaccine people don't care.

The more dead bodies in the pile the happier they are.

It sure does look that way. At one time TPM was a discussion group about
universal coverage. Now it is an anti-vaccination group for crazies.

Kiddy Guard? Jonty Yamisha Pregnancy 1 October 10th 04 09:45 AM
car seats and pet/guard cargo barrier in suabru outback wagon mpagriffin General (moderated) 1 March 31st 04 08:09 PM
car seats and pet/guard cargo barrier in suabru outback wagon mpagriffin General 1 March 31st 04 05:41 PM
Thumb Guard looneybird Twins & Triplets 27 March 26th 04 12:59 AM
Question about the National Guard. toto General 3 January 13th 04 05:27 AM