being naughty

Old December 31st 05, 12:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default being naughty

I really need to get my backside in gear and pack my hospital bag, I only
have 4 weeks left and I am not ready for hospital at all. In my last
pregnancies I was packed way before now but with this one I am finding I am
really laid back and just cant really be bothed. I have babys bag packed and
prehaps have a little to much packed for baby. I went shopping today and
brought a new holdel for the hospital stay but I still need to get my ass in
gear. I think one of my problems is just not knowing what to take and what
not to take although I have had loads of feedback, I know about the obvios
stuff, hygiene materials, towels, flannels, nightdresses ect. Prehaps take
some cross stitch for the quiet times, a book maybe....

I am not sure what to take for ME coming home in, I am a size 12-14 at the
moment so should I take my size 10 jeans and hope I can come home
comfortably in them and prehaps also take some of my pregnancy frumpy tracky
bottoms just incase jeans are not comfortable or dont fit.... I am not going
to breastfeed so should I take my own bottles or will this hospital have
those little ready bottles things?????? Should I bother with a birth plan
cause if I should then I think I better get revising that one NOW......
Should I take anything for the actual labour or just use what they
provide....

Please dont worry to much about this post, I am just thinking and wanting to
write at same time, like a little online diary type thing!!!!!!!

April & Big Bump

Old December 31st 05, 01:35 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

April & Bump wrote:
I really need to get my backside in gear and pack my hospital bag, I only
have 4 weeks left and I am not ready for hospital at all. In my last
pregnancies I was packed way before now but with this one I am finding I am
really laid back and just cant really be bothed.

If it makes you feel better, my EDD was 5 days ago and I haven't packed
anything. At all. In fact, we only tracked down the baby's car seat a
couple of days ago. Considering my packing will consist of:
-whatever pants and t-shirt happen to be clean.
-underwear
-baby's onsie and pajama thingey
-baby's warm suit for going outside
I don't think even if my water broke, it'd take me more than 5 minutes
to toss that stuff together.

Stasya

Old December 31st 05, 02:44 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"stasya" wrote in message
oups.com...

April & Bump wrote:
I really need to get my backside in gear and pack my hospital bag, I

only
have 4 weeks left and I am not ready for hospital at all. In my last
pregnancies I was packed way before now but with this one I am finding I

am
really laid back and just cant really be bothed.

If it makes you feel better, my EDD was 5 days ago and I haven't packed
anything. At all. In fact, we only tracked down the baby's car seat a
couple of days ago. Considering my packing will consist of:
-whatever pants and t-shirt happen to be clean.
-underwear
-baby's onsie and pajama thingey
-baby's warm suit for going outside
I don't think even if my water broke, it'd take me more than 5 minutes
to toss that stuff together.

Stasya

Thanks and yes it makes me feel a tad better, I think I will be following
suit at this rate... I have got the babys car seat though but just thought
of something I havent got and thats a nice warm newborn dressing gown which
I really wanted to have as they are just soooo cute.... LOL

Old December 31st 05, 06:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Don't assume you'll go from a 14 to a 10... I didn't fit anything smaller
when I left the hospital, than when I came in. ANd frumpy comfortable
maternity clothes would be my going home choice, especially with all the
bleeding!

Betsy

Old December 31st 05, 06:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

April & Bump writes:

I am not sure what to take for ME coming home in, I am a size 12-14 at
the moment so should I take my size 10 jeans and hope I can come home
comfortably in them and prehaps also take some of my pregnancy frumpy
tracky bottoms just incase jeans are not comfortable or dont fit....

Personally I wouldn't bother with the size 10 jeans, lol! For the first few
days after giving birth I looked and felt 6 months pregnant, even though my
weight was back to pre-pregnancy levels by the first time I weighed myself
- it takes a while for the uterus to shrink and let things go back to where
they belong, even if there isn't any excess fat around.

I am not going to breastfeed so should I take my own bottles or will this
hospital have those little ready bottles things??????

Most hospitals here don't provide anything for formula feeding, because
they don't want to present it as an option that's as good as breastfeeding.
I think that even mothers with medical reasons for not breastfeeding have
to provide all their own stuff.

Should I bother with a birth plan cause if I should then I think I
better get revising that one NOW......

Yes, unless you're happy for anyone to do what they want with you and your
baby!

Should I take anything for the actual labour or just
use what they provide....

Not sure what you mean here?

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003
Old December 31st 05, 07:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Sidheag McCormack" wrote in message...

April & Bump writes:

I am not going to breastfeed so should I take my own bottles or will
this
hospital have those little ready bottles things??????

Most hospitals here don't provide anything for formula feeding, because
they don't want to present it as an option that's as good as
breastfeeding.
I think that even mothers with medical reasons for not breastfeeding have
to provide all their own stuff.

My hospital provides glass jar type things with made up formula (you can
choose your brand) with a disposable pre-steralized teat that you put
together yourself and they let you have water to warm it.... but I
breastfeed personally... maybe calling them is a good idea?

Should I take anything for the actual labour or just
use what they provide....

Sidheag

They provided my sanitary towels I needed during labour. Last time I wish
I'd have taken my own pillows.. hospital ones slipped about. Another thing
is hair bobbles! Mine snapped and my long hair was a pain! Luckily sister
brought me one!

I was super lazy last time.. got my bag packed by about 39 weeks but then
went 11 days over which was unusual for me!

How long do you plan to stay in hospital? That will help you in terms of how
much you should take. I have only ever stayed one night.. but always
overpack!

Andrea mom of 6 Erin is now 9 weeks!

Old December 31st 05, 07:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"oregonchick" wrote in message
Don't assume you'll go from a 14 to a 10... I didn't fit anything smaller
when I left the hospital, than when I came in. ANd frumpy comfortable
maternity clothes would be my going home choice, especially with all the
bleeding!

Agreed! Leave the jeans at home. You'll probably still be sore, wearing a
big pad because of heavy bleeding and the last thing you'll want is a pair
of jeans. I'd stick with maternity pants for a few days or a nice, cozy pair
of stretchy drawstring style pants for a few days.

JennP.

Old January 1st 06, 07:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

You should ask your hospital if they will provide formula.

One thing I packed with me on my 3rd baby was some depends. It was so
great to not have to worry about leaks like I had to with pads.

Stick with maternity pants for the trip home.

KC

Old January 1st 06, 09:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I am not going to breastfeed so should I take my own bottles or will
this
hospital have those little ready bottles things??????

Most hospitals here don't provide anything for formula feeding, because
they don't want to present it as an option that's as good as
breastfeeding.
I think that even mothers with medical reasons for not breastfeeding have
to provide all their own stuff.

you're in Scotland? I think April is in Wales, I'm in England, all the stuff
for formula feeding was provided, though of course some people will want to
use different stuff, the teats that fit on the ready mix stuff are not the
nicest.

Anyway, there has got to be something there, as if there are problems, baby
may need to be given formula.

Anne

Old January 1st 06, 09:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

so far, everyone has been politically correct and not even asked you why you
aren't going to breastfeed, so I'm going to pose the question, why aren't
you going to breastfeed? I'm not making any judgements, nor encouraging you
to do so as I don't know the answer.

Cheers

Anne

PS the only way for sure to find about the formula availablity is call the
hospital, probably easiest to call direct to one of the postnatal wards.

New Here Sas Single Parents 3 December 30th 05 01:41 AM
New Baby On The Way - Busy Toddler - Need Advice! [email protected] Pregnancy 21 May 4th 05 10:47 PM
I need serious help w/ problem child Nolte009 General 28 January 11th 05 08:43 AM