What Is Good Parenting?

Old January 7th 08, 05:51 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

Default What Is Good Parenting?

Good parenting, to a high extent is based on common sense. At least it
should be. If you want to raise your children with success, ask
yourself as the life experienced person you are, which values do I
want to transfer to them as a parent which are in accordance to my
own, true values and beliefs? As parents we know that it is not always
easy to raise our kids the way we know we should. As long as you are
aware that the way you raise them day by day, will influence them for
the rest of their lives, literally shaping their attitudes and
personalities - your love to your kids will motivate you to do a good
nurturing job. So your job as a parent is first and foremost to
instill in them the values and attitudes that you know are important.

Good parents never put their children down

When you, as a parent insult your child, you lower their self image or
confidence whether you mean to or not. Hence, you should endeavour to
establish and keep a positive raising style. Negative reactions from
the parents can cause fear and distrust in children. So if you want to
build a healthy relationships between you and your children, avoid
negativity and focus on the positive, even though this is not always
that easy.

One of my friends who is raising two fairly uncontrollable kids has
much to learn in this respect. Time after time I have observed his
tendency to put them down and this nurturing style has already caused
problems with the child's behaviour only to

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Fam...001/40253.html