forget

Old October 22nd 03, 03:49 PM
Stephanie and Tim

Default forget

It is time for FIL to give my little monkey her first bottle in preparation
for the evil day when I go back to work. I have pumped up a tiny store, to
which I am adding day by day. It is frozen. What I cannot remember is the
recommended procedure for warming it up. It is in those little Madela bags
with the twist ties.

Thanks

Stephanie

P.S. Sorry I have not posted too much. Never buy a house, move, have a baby
and acquire a relative's dog all in a three month period... Oh I forgot
acquire a whole year worth of property tax. Very busy and stressful. Maybe
tonight we sleep.

Old October 22nd 03, 04:35 PM
Belphoebe

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message

P.S. Sorry I have not posted too much. Never buy a house, move, have a

baby
and acquire a relative's dog all in a three month period... Oh I forgot
acquire a whole year worth of property tax. Very busy and stressful. Maybe
tonight we sleep.

I sympathize! We moved into our new house in late January, and DS was born
about six weeks later. And while we didn't acquire a relative's dog, we did
have a cat with adjustment issues (who later died of kidney failure this
summer ).

Belphoebe

Old October 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Mary W.

Stephanie and Tim wrote:

It is time for FIL to give my little monkey her first bottle in preparation
for the evil day when I go back to work. I have pumped up a tiny store, to
which I am adding day by day. It is frozen. What I cannot remember is the
recommended procedure for warming it up. It is in those little Madela bags
with the twist ties.

I would thaw the milk overnight in the refridgerator, and my nanny would
heat up a bowl of water in the microwave then warm the bottle in the
warm water.

I quickly switched from the Medela bags to the gerber zip lock bags.
Much easier (for a little unsolicited advice)!

Mary

Old October 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Lucy

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message
It is time for FIL to give my little monkey her first bottle in

preparation
for the evil day when I go back to work. I have pumped up a tiny store, to
which I am adding day by day. It is frozen. What I cannot remember is the
recommended procedure for warming it up. It is in those little Madela bags
with the twist ties.

I just put the bag into a bowl of warm tap water to defrost it. I usually
have to change the water two or three times as it gets cold. It takes about
fifteen minutes. You could just hold the bag under the running water, which
may be quicker.

Once the milk is defrosted, you want to open the bag by tearing or cutting
off the bottom corner, rather than undoing the twist tie. That way it's easy
to pour into the bottle.

Lucy