BRIDGEPORT -- Foster mother charged with beating children...

Old August 9th 09, 04:50 AM posted to alt.support.foster-parents
fx

Default BRIDGEPORT -- Foster mother charged with beating children...

Foster mother charged with beating children
By Daniel Tepfer
Staff writer
Updated: 08/06/2009 11:54:18 PM EDT

BRIDGEPORT -- A foster mother, caring for two young children taken from
their real mother by the state Department of Children and Families, was
arrested Thursday for allegedly beating the children.

Marilyn Jones, 64, of Washington Avenue, was charged with two counts of
third-degree assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor.

She was released after posting a $2,500 bond.

On March 23, DCF removed two girls, 6 months and 21 months old, from
their mother's care and placed them with Jones, a registered foster parent.

When a DCF social worker returned the next day to check on the children,
police said she noticed both children had bruises on their faces.

Police said the social worker immediately took the children to St.
Vincent's Medical Center for further examination.

Police said the children were found to have bruises on their thighs,
faces and heads that had not been present when DCF took the children
from their mother.

Another child living with Jones told social workers that Jones had
beaten the two children because they had defecated on themselves,
according to police reports.

I am currently posting in this forum because I am banned from

alt.support.child-protective-services...

thought you'd like to know, I guess it means I was doing something
right!
Old August 18th 09, 02:03 AM posted to alt.support.foster-parents
Ron

One cannot be banned from an unmoderated news group.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Ron