David Kirby: Autism and Chelation: Where is the Science?

Old August 28th 05, 02:07 AM
Kevysmom

Default David Kirby: Autism and Chelation: Where is the Science?

David Kirby
Sat Aug 27,12:28 AM ET

Nearly four years ago, the Institute of Medicine recommended research into
chelation therapy and autism. But that never happened, and now a little
boy in Pennsylvania is dead.

http://tinyurl.com/86wsg

Donna

Old August 28th 05, 02:57 AM
HCN

"Kevysmom" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
David Kirby
Sat Aug 27,12:28 AM ET

Nearly four years ago, the Institute of Medicine recommended research into
chelation therapy and autism. But that never happened, and now a little
boy in Pennsylvania is dead.

http://tinyurl.com/86wsg

Donna

Actually the gist of the article is "Don't blame me!!!".... "Some fault me,
for writing a book that dared to include the topic of chelation and autism
within its pages."

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid...

By the way there are lots of studies on chelation for lead... the damage
done by lead poisoning is not removed when the lead is removed. The main
strategy was to prevent lead poisoning. Think about that (oh, and when you
do, please tell us how much mercury is in vaccines and where a kid born in
2000 in the UK got it from):

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...tract/114/1/19

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ract/110/4/787

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...tract/92/2/265

Also, the effect of pumping EDTA into blood that does NOT have lead or
mercury to bind to is that it binds to other elements. Elements like
calcium... look up hypocalcemia.

Old August 28th 05, 03:45 AM
Kevysmom

Actually the gist of the article is "Don't blame me!!!".... "Some fault
me,
for writing a book that dared to include the topic of chelation and
autism

within its pages."

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid...

******************

David Kerby was saying that he has never heard of a child with mercury
poisoning(AKA Autism) use EDTA for chelation. I am on the largest list
for Autism and Mercury, The parents are warned of the dangers of IV
chelation. They use DMSA and they do replace their essential minerals and
supplements daily while they are chelating. And they have their child
tested during chelation. The parents who are chelating their children with
DMSA are going at it very slowly.

Here read some testimonys of parents healing their mercury poisoned
child.

http://www.generationrescue.org/testimonials.php

Old August 28th 05, 04:58 AM
HCN

"Kevysmom" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
[...]

oooh... testimonials... Gee that ought to clear the whole thing up. Let us
forget the studies done years and years ago that chelating the lead out of
kids did NOT improve the brain damage that occured. Did Kirby ever think to
look that up? Did Handley (whose 3 year old he claims was cured was born
AFTER the thimerosal was removed and gone, except for the flu vaccine) look
up the effects of chelation even with DMSA and DMPS?

Has anyone shown conclusively that Buttar's cream actually is absorbed in
the skin? How does the cream cost anyway (his consultation fee is $700 for
one hour)?

The mother of the dead kid was a member of a group called "FightingAutism".:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_367627.html
.... I wonder how many have a copy of Kirby's book. ... and why are they
letting an "ear, nose and throat" doctor administer EDTA to their kids!

And still why did this woman travel from the UK to Pennsylvania?

stupid stupid stupid

Almost as stupid as Dan Olmsted recommending using gold salt! Another heavy
metal! Don't believe me, read:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/inde...geofautism.xml

Old August 28th 05, 04:56 PM
Mark Probert

Kevysmom wrote:
David Kirby
Sat Aug 27,12:28 AM ET

Nearly four years ago, the Institute of Medicine recommended research into
chelation therapy and autism. But that never happened, and now a little
boy in Pennsylvania is dead.

http://tinyurl.com/86wsg

Yes, Donna, he is dead, because there is NO REASON to CHEATlate for
autism, as autism is not caused by heavy metals.

I just hope that the parents of this boy had been convinced to travel to
the US by reading Kirby.
Old August 28th 05, 09:58 PM
Jeff

"HCN" wrote in message
(...)

Also, the effect of pumping EDTA into blood that does NOT have lead or
mercury to bind to is that it binds to other elements. Elements like
calcium... look up hypocalcemia.

EDTA will bind more strongly to calcium, even if there is lead and mercury
in the blood. So hypocalcaemia is always a concern when giving EDTA IV.

Jeff

Old August 28th 05, 11:43 PM
CWatters

"Kevysmom" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
David Kirby
Sat Aug 27,12:28 AM ET
Nearly four years ago, the Institute of Medicine recommended research into
chelation therapy and autism. But that never happened, and now a little
boy in Pennsylvania is dead.

http://tinyurl.com/86wsg

but of course he wasn't being treated for autism - he had lead poisioning.

Old August 29th 05, 01:16 PM
nogggin

Yes, Donna, he is dead, because there is NO REASON to CHEATlate for
autism, as autism is not caused by heavy metals.

The boy was being chelated for lead. It's done all of the time, for non
autistic as well as autistic children. Whether or not you believe that
chelation is beneficial in treating autism is irrelevant. If the mother
had been giving her child chicken soup to cure a cold, would you blame
the chicken soup for killing the boy? Of course not. Because you have
no agenda against chicken soup.

I'm on the ASD spectrum, and even I am able to understand how very
crass it is to use the death of someone elses' small son to further
one's political agenda.

I just hope that the parents of this boy had been convinced to travel to
the US by reading Kirby.

Really? Why?

Old August 29th 05, 03:33 PM
Mark Probert

nogggin wrote:
Yes, Donna, he is dead, because there is NO REASON to CHEATlate for
autism, as autism is not caused by heavy metals.

The boy was being chelated for lead. It's done all of the time, for non
autistic as well as autistic children.

try to follow this logic...

1. Kid is from England.
2. England has NHS which covers chelation for lead.
3. Kids father is a physician working for NHS
4. Kid comes to US for a procedure that would be fully covered in his
home country.

Sorry, it does not compute your way. Try this:

1. Kid is from England.
2. England has NHS which covers chelation for lead.
3. Kids father is a physician working for NHS
4. Kid comes to US for a procedure that IS NOT covered in his home
country, which can only be chelation for treating autism.

I suspect that his labs did not justify any chelation whatsoever.

Whether or not you believe that
chelation is beneficial in treating autism is irrelevant. If the mother
had been giving her child chicken soup to cure a cold, would you blame
the chicken soup for killing the boy? Of course not. Because you have
no agenda against chicken soup.

Yes, I do have an agenda against useless, dangerous, ineffective
"treatments" which steal parents hopes, and now one kid.

I'm on the ASD spectrum, and even I am able to understand how very
crass it is to use the death of someone elses' small son to further
one's political agenda.

Sorry to tell you that there is NO political agenda. However, if you
want crass, I can refer you to Jan Drew, who uses these tragedies to
indict all of medicine.

I just hope that the parents of this boy had been convinced to travel to
the US by reading Kirby.

Really? Why?

To discredit Kirby even further.
Old August 29th 05, 06:02 PM
HCN

"nogggin" wrote in message
ps.com...

Yes, Donna, he is dead, because there is NO REASON to CHEATlate for
autism, as autism is not caused by heavy metals.

The boy was being chelated for lead. It's done all of the time, for non
autistic as well as autistic children.

By an "ear, nose, throat" and allergy doctor? Isn't that a bit stupid?

Wouldn't it have been better to go to a toxicologist IN England?