Bug's first mush

Old November 28th 03, 10:22 PM
Akuvikate

Default Bug's first mush

Well, Bug had her first goop yesterday over at Babu and Grampa's house
for Thanksgiving. She's now made of both mommy and Lundberg family
farms rice. We gave her rice cereal and EBM out of my baby bowl. The
expression on her face with the first bite was priceless -- "What the
HELL?!?!?". But even the first spoonful went down, and by the third
she was slurping it off the spoon as soon as it reached her lips. It
was even messier than I anticipated, as she wanted to "help" and the
tactic of giving her another spoon didn't work. She didn't want any
old spoon, she wanted the one that mommy had with the good stuff! So
it was not only all over her face but also both hands. I'm thinking
we may need to revise our 2x/week bathing schedule now... Overeager
new parents that we are, we of course videotaped the whole proceeding
and have already watched it several times.

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003
Old November 28th 03, 10:38 PM
Cheryl S.

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
om...
Well, Bug had her first goop yesterday over at Babu and
Grampa's house for Thanksgiving.

Congrats on a big milestone. Sounds like she sure was ready!

I'm thinking we may need to revise our 2x/week bathing
schedule now...

lol. Starting solids was when a nightly bath became part of Julie's
bedtime routine too. Now she's a lot neater at eating and only needs a
bath about 3 times a week.

Overeager new parents that we are, we of course
videotaped the whole proceeding and have already
watched it several times.

Well of course you have to videotape that!
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old November 29th 03, 03:11 AM
Irrational Number

Akuvikate wrote:
Well, Bug had her first goop yesterday over at Babu and Grampa's house
for Thanksgiving. She's now made of both mommy and Lundberg family
farms rice. We gave her rice cereal and EBM out of my baby bowl. The
expression on her face with the first bite was priceless -- "What the
HELL?!?!?". But even the first spoonful went down, and by the third
she was slurping it off the spoon as soon as it reached her lips. [...]

Awww, how exciting! We can't wait 'til Pillbug's
6-month birthday, in a week and a half!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old November 29th 03, 07:11 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

teapot wrote:

Thought we might go for some organic
carrot from a freinds farm

I think you aren't supposed to make your own carrots because
of the nitrates (nitrites?), and that going organic doesn't
help unless they also test the soil nitrate levels?

We're starting with banana.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old November 30th 03, 05:18 PM
teapot

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in message ...
teapot wrote:

Thought we might go for some organic
carrot from a freinds farm

I think you aren't supposed to make your own carrots because
of the nitrates (nitrites?), and that going organic doesn't
help unless they also test the soil nitrate levels?

We're starting with banana.

Phoebe

Thanks for that, it's a certified organic farm so I think it should be
ok but I did look it up on the net to check and some places say to
wait until they are 8 months old to put them onto home made carrot.
One of the places was a baby food manufacturer though :-) I may try
squash instead.

teapot