Nose Bleed and seeing spots?

Old August 28th 03, 06:15 PM
Circe

Default Nose Bleed and seeing spots?

wrote in message
I was wondering if it was normal for my wife to have so many nose bleeds?
She is having about 3 or 4 a day. Last night she said that she was seeing
black spots when she was looking at stuff then after a while it goes away.
Is this anything I should worry about? Thanks..

Call the doctor, pronto. Although it is not uncommon for pregnant women to
experience nose bleeding episodes due to the additional blood volume in the
body, the combination of frequent nose bleeds and seeing spots is very
disturbing. Don't wait!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [17mo] mom)

"...we patiently sat by his door, waiting for it to open so he could tell us
all about who he had met" -- from _Uncle Andy's_ by James Warhola

Old August 28th 03, 08:22 PM
Dagny

Although I am absolutely in agreement that she should see the doctor
immediately, I just wanted to share that I have had increased floaters, even
light flashes once, during this pregnancy, that were not related to high
blood pressure or any problem found by the obstetrician, or any serious
problem found by the retina guy (other than suspected vitrious detachment
somethingorother, and people as nearsighted as me should expect that). Also
I have had blood when I blow my nose hard for months now, but not what I'd
call a bleed. So -- it could be nothing.

But she must see the doctor just in case. I went a'running when I got the
flashes.

-- Dagny
EDD 10/6/03

Hello all,

Old August 28th 03, 08:41 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Circe wrote:

wrote in message

I was wondering if it was normal for my wife to have so many nose bleeds?
She is having about 3 or 4 a day. Last night she said that she was seeing
black spots when she was looking at stuff then after a while it goes away.
Is this anything I should worry about? Thanks..

Call the doctor, pronto. Although it is not uncommon for pregnant women to
experience nose bleeding episodes due to the additional blood volume in the
body, the combination of frequent nose bleeds and seeing spots is very
disturbing. Don't wait!

Seconded. Visual disturbances can be a sign of pre-eclampsia,
particularly if combined with other symptoms like elevated blood
pressure, proteinuria, severe headaches, etc. While pre-eclampsia
can usually be managed such that it presents few risks to mother
or baby, undetected and untreated pre-eclampsia can be very dangerous.
You definitely want to get this checked out.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 28th 03, 09:24 PM
April

I also (being nearsighted -wearing contacts and glasses) have floaters and
flashes. Just came through some wicked allergy that managed to attack my
eyes for a week and now have more floaters and the odd flash.....most
nearsighted people and others get them.

--
April
Proud mom of Julianna 11/28/99

"Dagny" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Although I am absolutely in agreement that she should see the doctor
immediately, I just wanted to share that I have had increased floaters,

even
light flashes once, during this pregnancy, that were not related to high
blood pressure or any problem found by the obstetrician, or any serious
problem found by the retina guy (other than suspected vitrious detachment
somethingorother, and people as nearsighted as me should expect that).

Also
I have had blood when I blow my nose hard for months now, but not what I'd
call a bleed. So -- it could be nothing.

But she must see the doctor just in case. I went a'running when I got the
flashes.

-- Dagny
EDD 10/6/03

Hello all,

Old August 28th 03, 11:19 PM
Daye

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:14:20 -0700,
wrote:

Last night she said that she was seeing
black spots when she was looking at stuff then after a while it goes away.
Is this anything I should worry about?

Yes. It could be a symptom of high blood pressure, which is a symptom
of pre-eclampsia. Get your wife to a doctor ASAP.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old August 29th 03, 02:38 AM
Cathy Weeks

wrote in message ...
Hello all,
I was wondering if it was normal for my wife to have so many nose bleeds?
She is having about 3 or 4 a day. Last night she said that she was seeing
black spots when she was looking at stuff then after a while it goes away.
Is this anything I should worry about? Thanks..
Mark

I agree with everyone's suggestion to see a doctor, however, I had
both of those symptoms and didn't have any serious health problems.
So, it's something to be careful of, but isn't necessarily serious.

I had a bunch of nosebleeds around 34 weeks, and at 36 weeks had what
turned out to be an ocular migraine (painless) in which I saw spots
like a string of pearls, and my vision was reasonably obstructed for
about 30 minutes.

My BP was a little elevated, but not dangerously so through much of my
pregnancy. Anyway, it was just nosebleeds (common in pregnancy) and
an ocular migraine, not pre-ecclampsia.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old August 29th 03, 03:11 PM
Naomi Pardue

Called the Dr Office and waiting for them to call back..

Mark

Did you talk to the doc? What did they say?

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old August 29th 03, 03:58 PM

Well the Doc called my wife and talked to her and we took her to the Doc
last nite at 7 pm. He checked her BP and that was normal. He took some
blood and had it tested. He said that her blood suger was super low. She
has been eatting like a horse. The nose bleeds are from the heat and
spending to much time on her feet. She does Day Care Teaching. We have to
go in on Tues afternoon for more testing and for another check up. They are
also going to do a Ultra Sound to make sure baby is doing well. He checked
the babys Heart beat and it sounded nice and strong. He said that she will
have to start bed rest soon. The baby is carrying lower then the norm.
Less then 14 weeks to go. They are going to have her come in weekly to
check to make sure everything is fine. She is not looking forward to bed
rest. This weekend I am going to post more photos of her on are web site..

http://groups.msn.com/thecims

Click on pictures. And feel free to look. I took almost all of then with
my digital camera.

Thanks for all the input.

Mark

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
Called the Dr Office and waiting for them to call back..

Mark

Did you talk to the doc? What did they say?

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

(either remove spamblock or change address to to

e-mail
reply.)