Old March 27th 04, 08:22 PM
Cathy

Default After weaning - when can underwire bras be worn?!

Melissa wrote:
Cathy wrote:
I'm afraid I love my underwires - got to give some shape to my
droopy breasts! But it has been so long since I wore one, and my
nursing
bras are too big now (I just hope my pre-breastfeeding bras are not
too big - they were pretty tiny to begin to with!). I am paranoid
about wearing an underwire too soon, and getting a plugged duct or
similar. So, any advice on how long to leave it?

"Nikki" wrote
If you have a well fitted one then you can wear it right away.
Actually I wore well fitted underwire nursing bras and even
accidently slept in them on occasion and they didn't cause any
problems.

OTOH, I tried to wear one the other day (we're down to first thing in
the morning and last thing before bed for nursing) and got a lump
almost immediately. In my case, one breast is a bit larger than the
other so any bra is either too small on one side (causes lumps) or
too big everywhere else (uncomfortable and doesn't provide support).
So, I'm stuck in nursing bras for a bit longer as even the best
fitting underwire nursing bra didn't work for me. Phooey!

Yep, me too with the size diffs. But I'll see how I go - the nursing bras
don't really provide any support now - they just provide something for DD to
play with when she lifts my shirt (but she is literally just playing - no
interest in milkies at all).

Cathy