Old October 29th 08, 03:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Little girls and hair?

I was doing DD1's hair this morning... as I do most mornings. She's 3 and
has fairly long hair. I've never cut it, other than her bangs and a minimal
trim when needed.
Today I decided on a french braid. Then I did DD2 - she's 2. Her hair isn't
very long. Just past her shoulders, but she has hair like mine - very fair
and fine. I did a simple pony tail on the top of her head.

As I was doing DD1's hair, I got thinking about how I usually do something
with the girls' hair, although nothing fancier than a french braid.
I also started thinking about how when we go out, more often than not
someone makes a comment about DDs' hair and how I've done something with it.
It seems most people are amazed that the girls can actually sit long enough
to do something like a french braid, but really, it doesn't take me more
than about 5-6 minutes. I've also been doing their hair one way or another
since their hair was long enough to do something with - from probably about
6-8 months with DD1, about 8-10 months with DD2.

I also have noticed that many little girls don't have hair really done much.
Nothing at all. I don't really care either way, but I just find it's easier
for my girls with their hair to keep it somewhat under control and free of
food, juice, knots and other random things.

Am I one of the few people that does something with their little girl's
hair? Both girls sit very, very well, even if it takes more than 5 mins...
I will sometimes spend even about 10 minutes to pony tail up DD1's hair,
braid a few small strands and wrap the pony up with the braids and pin it
up, for one example, and there's rarely any issues at all. I'm also always
looking for new ideas to try out with their hair (mostly DD1 because she has
much more hair to work with) and I'm wondering if others here do the same -
or did do the same with a toddler/preschooler. DDs both ask for their hair
to be done on occasion if I don't do anything and both with bring me hair
ties and a comb if they want something done.

Does anyone else do this?