Old September 1st 06, 10:56 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Anu

Default Number 1 Parenting Mistake.

The Flavored Coffeee Guy wrote:
Let's say you babysat for a long time, and you had friends who had
kids. Then when you look back at when you were a kid, the real friends
you had, always got in trouble every time they got caught. But, then
you think about the enemies you had, and they didn't ever seem to get
into trouble. So, I look at it like this, I've had compliments from a
guy who didn't know what to do with a dozen kids, when he asked for my
advice, and he was glad that it worked. So, I see myself as right, but
that's all in the proof that comes from freinds that have taken my
advice, and people that had written me asking for it. But, the people
who actually thank me, aren't the people that really do anything to
really honestly raise thier kids right. They deal with them, they put
up with them, and their kids wear on the patience, but no matter how
stubborn or concieted the parent, it will only result in more problems
for the kid. But, that kid will be a problem for you as long as he/she
is a minor.

RichardM wrote:
I imagine an articule like this gets parents backs up rather than
helping them, especially as you're not a parent yourself and else don't
state a professional interest.