Old June 6th 06, 03:55 AM posted to misc.kids

Default keeping a playgroup together

wrote in message
oups.com...

Next fall, nearly all the children are starting preschool. Some will go
Mon/Wed/Fri and some Tues/Thurs, which means there is no day we can
continue meeting when most people can come.

Have you been in a playgroup like this that survived preschool and
stayed in close touch? Any tips on how to do this?

I am in a playgroup right now where there are preschoolers and younger kids.
It is a little bit larger than your group. We have 8 moms, most have two or
more kids. There are meetings at various times of the day and days of the
week so that everyone can participate. If DS is in preschool, I go with DD.
If it is during DD's naptime, I take DS. Some meetings, only two moms show
up, but that's just fine, because the kids have a great time, and the moms
can bond in a way they can't with a larger group. Some meetings, most
everyone comes. I think you can do it if you aren't trying to get all the
moms to all the meetings. Get on the meetup boards and stay in contact
there. You can set up your meetings there, too. If you want all the
meetings to have more moms, then you'll have to expand your group.