Old October 29th 08, 03:53 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD[_2_]

Default Little girls and hair?

"Kat" wrote in message
Am I one of the few people that does something with their little girl's
hair? Both girls sit very, very well, even if it takes more than 5
mins... I will sometimes spend even about 10 minutes to pony tail up DD1's
hair, braid a few small strands and wrap the pony up with the braids and
pin it up, for one example, and there's rarely any issues at all. I'm
also always looking for new ideas to try out with their hair (mostly DD1
because she has much more hair to work with) and I'm wondering if others
here do the same - or did do the same with a toddler/preschooler. DDs
both ask for their hair to be done on occasion if I don't do anything and
both with bring me hair ties and a comb if they want something done.

None of my girls liked for their hair to be messed with at all at different
times. But when we'd go for dinner, or family get-togethers I'll braid it or
twist it. My favorite is to french braid down both halves of their head,
then either braid the two braids together or put the braids in a ponytail at
the end and curl it a bit. I do not know the correct term for the twisting,
but it's like french-braiding except you twist each section of hair. After
you twist a section, add another section and twist the whole thing, then add
another. It looks really "fancy" but doesn't take anymore time than
braiding. Sometimes I french braid/twist the hair down to the middle of
their head and let the rest just hang down. My oldest still won't let me
mess with her hair (unless it's halloween!) but the 11 and 6 year old will
ask me to braid it sometimes.
Marie