Old October 19th 06, 12:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default She's here!

Elfanie wrote:
On 18 Oct 2006 10:22:18 -0700, "Leslie" wrote:

Elfanie wrote:
what happened?? I mean...why did they have to do an emergency
cesarean??

Not the OP, but where I am very few doctors will deliver breech
babies vaginally. My OB was, in fact, the only one who would in
town, and he would not do mine because I did not have a "proven
pelvis." (Think it's pretty proven at this point, LOL.)

Yes...but they usually 'simply' do a cesarean...not an emergency
cesarean. I was wondering if there was a complication (such a
prolapsed cord - more common with breech babies) that necessitated an
EMERGENCY cesarean...??

Perhaps she meant unscheduled cesearean, rather than emergency? I know most
people probably use those two terms interchangably, although technically
speaking it's not correct. I think that to most women, when they've been
laboring and dilating for hours and hours and hours, and then mid-process
the vaginal birth gets converted to a cesearean birth, most women would
label that an emergency c-section.

But I'm guessing you know that... : )

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password