Old October 19th 06, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default She's here!

Yes...but they usually 'simply' do a cesarean...not an emergency
cesarean. I was wondering if there was a complication (such a
prolapsed cord - more common with breech babies) that necessitated an
EMERGENCY cesarean...??

it would be an emergency because Kasia was 10cm, at least that was how I
interpreted "seeing as I was ready to push
her out when they finally diagnosed the breech position", so if they had
waited baby would have come out (which is argueably what should have been
done). Even if it was diagnosed earlier in labour, any c-section occuring
after labour has started is usually deemed an emergency c-section, though as
you say, not always an emergency situation, but I'm not sure what you would
called it, because it's not planned in the sense that an elective c-section
is.

Cheers

Anne