Old July 24th 04, 03:23 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Dr. Strangelove and fluoridation

DR. STRANGELOVE AND FLUORIDATION See below.

I wrote:

Chemically beating children: THOR to hammer fluoridation finally?

Wendy and Melania responded.

My replies are interspersed #####

Wendy wrote:

So Todd, are you saying that when my pediatrician recommended "Nursery
Water" which is fluoridated, to mix formula with, she was actually
trying to "kill" or "abuse" my child?

##### No Wendy I am not saying that.

#### I am though calling attention to the California Supreme Court's THOR
decision which indicates that medical procedures performed without patient
consent constitute battery

##### The many people who oppose involuntary fluoride ion chemotherapy
("fluoridation") are not giving consent - so fluoridation is battery under
THOR - and battery against these people's children is child abuse.

##### Under THOR, fluoridation without consent is mass child abuse - even
if fluoridation is good for children (which I highly doubt).

And if this is so, why are you the
only one who knows about it?

##### I am not the only one who knows. People at the highest levels knew -
and kept their mouths shut. Read The Fluoride Deception by Christopher
Bryson [NY: Seven Stories 2004]

Honestly, I have never heard that fluoride
is bad. She recommended it to protect his teeth.

##### MOST people have heard only good things about fluoride. It's called
The Fluoride Deception. I urge everyone to read the book which exposes it.

##### Melania wrote:

I would normally never enter into a discussion like this, since people
are so polarized and unlikely to change their opinion,

##### I think a lot of people are starting to change their opinion now that
The Fluoride Deception has been exposed by Christopher Bryson.

but I find the
idea of equating fluoridation and the beating of children so utterly
repellent that I have to put in my two cents' worth:

##### Here are my two cents...

#### Physically beating a child is known to produce external bruises and
sometimes terrible injuries inside the body...

#### CHEMICALLY beating a child (fluoridation) RATHER QUICKLY increases the
frequency of staining/mottling of tooth enamel (dental fluorosis), an
outward sign of terrible things happening inside the body.

#### I find the chemical beating of children so utterly repellent that I
repeat what I said in my post:

CDC FRAUD?

Environmental chemist Prof. Paul Connett recently wrote to the St.
Petersburg Times:

"[T]he CDC...claimed the drop in tooth decay (from the 1960s to the 1990s)
was related to the percentage of the population drinking fluoridated
water...World Health Organization figures that showed these same or greater
declines were occurring in most nonfluoridated countries, thus suggesting
that the CDC authors were either incompetent or fraudulent."
http://stpetetimes.com/2004/07/09/Ta...icize_fl.shtml

.....in Europe most countries have rendered the practice of
fluoridation illegal. "Rendered illegal" is the phraseology used by 2000
Nobel Laureate in Physiology and Medicine Dr. Arvid Carlsson. See The
Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson [NY: Seven Stories 2004:241]

In 2000, a British study found that fluoride studies aren't high quality but
15% of cavities may be prevented by fluoridation. [The Fluoride Deception.
2004:xix]

In the UK, polls reportedly show that 80% - 97% of the people in the major
population centers oppose
fluoridation. (per George Glasser via Jane Jones, Campaign Director,
National Pure Water Association)

Our Environmental Protection Agency/EPA maximum permissible fluoride level
is 4ppm.

How did EPA arrive at 4ppm?

When EPA tried to force South Carolina to bring its fluoride level down to
EPA's previous maximum permissible level of 2.3ppm, South Carolina sued - so
EPA simply raised the maximum permissible level to 4ppm! [The Fluoride
Deception. 2004:346]

1500 EPA scientists, engineers and lawyers protested - but to no avail.

WEIRD FACT: EPA supports fluoridation - but 1500 EPA scientists, engineers
and lawyers do not...

Also, there is a CANCER risk that EPA tried to cover-up...

Dr. J. William Hirzy, one of the EPA scientists opposed to fluoridation
writes; "EPA fired the Office of Drinking Water's chief toxicologist, Dr.
William Marcus...for refusing to remain silent on the cancer risk issue (9).
The judge who heard the lawsuit...[found]...that EPA fired him over his
fluoride work and not for the phony reason put forward by EPA management at
his dismissal. Dr. Marcus won his lawsuit and is again at work at EPA..."
http://www.fluoridealert.org/hp-epa.htm

In 1993, our own National Academy of Sciences finally admitted that
fluoridation at HALF of EPA's permissible level can cause "crippling
skeletal fluorosis." [Fluoride Deception. 2004:221]

FLUORIDE NEUROTOXIC? Dr. Phyllis Mullenix found out that atom bomb
toxicologist Harold Hodge suspected fluoride to be a neurotoxin years before
she proved it was - and her boss - Jack Hein - apparently lied to about
whether he (Hein) knew. [The Fluoride Deception. 2004:28]

Dr. Mullenix, who will speak at Dr. Connett's 1st Citizen's Conference on
Fluoride at the end of the month (see Disneyland DA URL above), made an
awful discovery - and was ignored by the NIH National Institute of Dental
Research.

Obviously, the fluoride deception should end immediately.

Per the California Supreme Court's THOR decision - even if fluoride is good
medical care (which it likely is not) - it is mass battery - mass child
abuse - because people oppose it/did not give their consent.

##### Melania continues - with "Dr. Strangelove"...

My first encounter with anyone being against fluoride in the drinking
water was when I watched "Dr. Strangelove" (1964), when the unhinged
"US Air Force General Jack D. Ripper (Sterling Hayden) plans to start
a nuclear war with the Soviet Union in order to stop what he believes
to be a fearful Communist conspiracy to put fluoride in the water
supply, thereby threatening our "precious bodily fluids"." (summary
from Wikipedia). So, the debate about fluoridation has been kicking
around for a long time. I agreed with the filmmakers that it seemed
like a paranoid thing to be worried about, so you know my position on
the issue, going in.

##### REGARDING DR. STRANGELOVE...

##### Christopher Bryson writes in The Fluoride Deception [2004:xviii]:

"Nile Southern, the son of Dr. Strangelove's screenwriter, Terry Southern,
remarks that the news that U.S military and industrial interests - not
Communists - promoted water fluoridation is 'just shocking...Terry and
Stanley [Kubrick] would have been horrified by it.'"

Where I was born and grew up the water was fluoridated, and we all
*knew* the water was fluoridated. I knew nobody who disagreed with the
practice. Anyone in dentistry who has seen my teeth out here in
Vancouver, where the water is not fluoridated, has remarked on the
strength and cavity-free nature of them - and then asked where I was
from!

#### Fluoridation may prevent 15% of cavities - best estimate from a recent
British look at the literature. See The Fluoride Deception and "CDC FRAUD"
above.

#### In some fluoridated areas, 50% of children have stained/mottled teeth -
and who knows what else going on inside - THEY won't know til many years
later...

If a community, like the one I grew up in, overwhelmingly supports
fluoridation, it can hardly be considered to be administered without
the public's consent.

##### If 100% support fluoridation, I agree that it is not a battery under
THOR.

##### Most European countries have rendered fluoridation illegal. Which
community here in the US supports fluoridation 100%? Have they all been
informed about The Fluoride Deception?

On top of that, every medical procedure
performed on a child is without his/her consent, since they aren't
capable of giving it. That's the parent or guardian's job. Is the
parent abusing the child every time a medical procedure is required,
since the child can't give consent? Of course not.

##### If the medical procedure is required, the parent MUST consent. That's
the problem - parents aren't consenting to fluoridation - thus their
children are being abused - even if fluoridation is good medicine - which I
highly doubt after reading The Fluoride Deception.

I suppose that people who are opposed to fluoridation are also opposed
to other chemicals that are put in tap water, in order to make it
safer for drinking (again, in Vancouver, where the water is not
treated, GI illness is common in the populace after heavy rains - and
it's a rainy place).

##### Water is plenty safe without fluoride - which is NOT injected to make
water safer...

The solution, for many, is home filtration, or
purchasing water . . . easy if you have the money. As is the case
around the world, the people who can afford the clean water get it,
and the poorer people don't. I actually heard someone remark that
selling filters to people in Bangladesh was a better idea than trying
to put in a purification plant. When it was pointed out that most
people would not be able to afford a filter, he actually said, "no
money, no water." Sometimes, adding trace amounts of chemicals that
have negative effects in large doses outweighs the alternative, if it
means cleaner drinking water for all.

#### Clean water is not the issue with fluoridation.

People certainly have the right to choose what enters their bodies,
the good and the bad.

#### Not true here in the US. People here in Oregon who choose to smoke
marijuana for medical purposes are still fighting with the feds I think...

Sometimes, living in a society with millions of
other people means that logistically the society rather than the
individual must make that choice.

##### Good point. A weird vaccination societal behavior. Society is
choosing to let MDs promote vaccinations by endangering vaccinated
children - i.e. - by threatening those parents who seek vaccination
exemptions that only their children will be sent home during disease
outbreaks. Parents must eventually be informed that ALL children must go
home (be protected) during disease outbreaks because many vaccinated
children were not immunized by their vaccinations. MDs have GOT to stop
promoting their vaccinations by endangering vaccinated children. But I
digress....

If that makes people upset, I
suppose they can try to change the way the entire society thinks.

##### Christopher Bryson summarizes some HEROIC work by scientists and
non-scientists alike in exposing The Fluoride Deception.

Or
they can take steps to remove (or add) the bad (or good) substance
from/to their family's diet. This is the case both with people who use
reverse osmosis filters to take contaminants (including fluoride) out
of the treated tap water, and with the parents here in Vancouver who
give their children fluoride drops in order to counter what they
consider to be negligence on the part of the city.

##### A Florida court wrote that fluoridation is not a medical procedure and
that the City of Boynton Beach, Florida did not intend that added fluoride
should enter bloodstreams!

##### See again "Chemically beating children" URL above.

It's a complicated issue, and one that people end up feeling strongly
about be they pro or con. But it doesn't help the con camp's position
to accuse the fluoridators (probably not a word!) of mass child
beating.

##### But fluoridation IS mass child beating - CHEMICAL mass child beating.
See above.

##### Under THOR, fluoridation without consent is a battery - a beating -
even if fluoride is good for children - which I doubt.

##### Thanks for reading,

##### Sincerely,

##### Todd

##### Dr. Gastaldo