This Is What's Teaching Your First-Grade Kids

Old November 5th 03, 02:38 PM
BroJack

Default This Is What's Teaching Your First-Grade Kids

Best teacher in the school calls in a bomb threat as a joke.

BroJack
________

First-grade teacher charged in school bomb threat

Published November 4, 2003

MONTCLAIR, Va. -- A 42-year-old first-grade teacher at Washington-Reid
Elementary School wrote a note claiming there was a bomb in the
building, Prince William County police said Tuesday.

The note was intended as a practical joke, police said, but Elizabeth
Schuette, of Montclair, was charged with threatening to bomb.

The teacher was caught on video leaving the note near the school's
front entrance Monday, said Detective Dennis Mangan and schools
Superintendent Edward Kelly.

The note said: "There's a bomb in the school today," according to
police.

Police said the note was left for another teacher, who was expected to
be the next person in the door.

Instead, it was found by a school employee about 7 a.m., and buses
were diverted to John Pattie Elementary School. Everyone in
Washington-Reid was evacuated.

"It was awhile before we realized it was a teacher," Kelly said. "We
didn't know whether it was a hoax or not until we actually searched
the building and found that the building was safe."

Schuette is on administrative leave until "her situation is finalized
legally," Kelly said. He said if she is found guilty, she will be
fired.

Police said administrators told them Schuette has won awards and was
one of the best teachers in the school.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local...va--bombthreat
1104nov04,0,7986417.story?coll=dp-headlines-virginia

Old November 5th 03, 08:04 PM
Guardenman

OK kids! This is why we don't horse around in school. Talk about dumb
what kind of moron does this?

Old November 7th 03, 10:00 AM
Guardenman

John Gilmer wrote:

Police said administrators told them Schuette has won awards and was
one of the best teachers in the school.

And now you know why home schooling is becoming more popular!

LOL I wish I had the patience to home school my child.
Old November 7th 03, 12:05 PM
John Gilmer