Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

Old January 21st 06, 03:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

I offered you a chance to debate honestly, foolish me, and you blew
again, as you always do. Nothing but diversions, dodges, lies, all
because you lost years ago, and not even to me, though I carried on the
tradition.

You are a pointlessly stupid self serving little bitch, that can't get
any attention in your personal or professional life so you come here in
your hysteria, a backwater to real life actually, and play at the
permanent troll. You aren't even a pimple in this debate. Ever Fern
had more going for her.

Dance Monkeyboy. Dance.

Old January 21st 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 20 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

I offered you a chance to debate honestly, foolish me, and you blew
again, as you always do. Nothing but diversions, dodges, lies, all
because you lost years ago, and not even to me, though I carried on the
tradition.

LOL!

You are a pointlessly stupid self serving little bitch, that can't get
any attention in your personal or professional life so you come here in
your hysteria, a backwater to real life actually, and play at the
permanent troll. You aren't even a pimple in this debate. Ever Fern
had more going for her.

How typical of Ignoranus Kane0! Got caught again and he responded, as
usual, with throwing insults! Whois if Fern? Oh! Isn't she the one
the you called "smelly-****"? You said your mom approved of it, right?

Dance Monkeyboy. Dance.

Lie, "never-spanked" boy, lie! ;-)

Doan

Old January 21st 06, 04:45 AM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are" "You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10" "No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
Old January 21st 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Hi beccafromlalaland,
I've always respected others when they show me the same. My parents
taught me the Golden Rule. However, I will not stand for abusvie
behavior from others but will return in kind. Kane is a perfect
example of that. If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
what I mean. You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?
What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-****"? Would
you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
just that on this public forum!

Doan

--
beccafromlalaland

Old January 21st 06, 07:26 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

He's lying as usual.

Kane

--
beccafromlalaland

Old January 21st 06, 07:38 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

I posted authoritative definitions from other sources as to the meaning
of abreaction and pointed out clearly that it has to do with a
reaction, not the source of the reaction. It does not matter what the
source is. It is a term for catharsis. Do you wish to defend the
premise that catharsis, or by it's other name, abreaction can have only
one cause and source?

You have the same biochemical reactions in your body whether it's a
therapist helping you recall traumatic events, or some nit wit driving
come head on in your lane.

YOU look up all the uses of the word. Explain how it could be included
in definition that also includes catharsis. You are illogical and
insulting when YOU were not insulted by me...as I was not even
addressing you.

You are unethical and a liar and this is yet another example among the
thousands you have posted to this newsgroup over the years. You are NOT
to be trusted, not even by spankers, because you do these things that
by their immoral nature destroy the argument for THEM.

Doan

Further along in this thread, Doan, you claim that you do not name call
or attack people unless they attack you.

This, Doan, your comments above, have been a habit of yours from your
very earliest posting history on this newsgroup. I did not insult you.
YOU insulted ME.

In other words, liar, YOU repeatedly start the name calling just as you
did above.

YOU show us in this from prior to this post in this thread where anyone
insulted you or called you a name.

Then come back and apologise for lying about me...because I would have
had to call you a name prior to your insulting post, liar.

This, Doan is exactly what started me off insulting you way back. You
are a liar. You lie blatantly, and you lie subtly, but you lie. And
likely are unaware of it, just as you were here, and of course in
hundreds if not thousands of posts in the past.

Let's just see how ethical and moral you are. Apologize.

Kane

On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Wow, good article.

Mmm...I didn't mean to write it as an article. Sounded that stiff, eh?

No, it's from something I've taught though. Many many years ago.

And it IS what fools spankers into thinking 'it works.'

It's just brainwashing and creating a "compliant" child. Not a self
regulating one.

But I said that.

Thanks for the compliment.

You are making a good point on what you say.

I have a problem with accepting that those things we have over the
animals, the power of speech, the capacity to control our young with
more exactness and subtlety than animals, even building our homes and
containers for them, replaced, or should have, long ago, the use of
pain to teach. The ability to reason as they grow older. All these
things animals lack. So they use pain.

In fact it should be a marker for 'humaness" that we do not hurt our
young to teach them, because we don't have to and are too moral to.
Unlike animals.

Kane

0;- Wrote:
abreaction

n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

There is a phenomena that takes place when an abrupt and startling
event takes place. It is called "abreaction." It also can happen when
something unique and different in a profound way happens to an
individual.

It is mediated, of course, by the perceptions of the recipient.

In the field of mental health this has sometimes been recognized and
used, especially in hospital treatment centers. Cold baths, or
wrapping in wet sheets does in fact tend to calm patients.

The use of corporal punishment is most certainly to have this effect
everytime it is used.

Rather like post orgasmic resolution this effect appears in the child
right after being spanked, and is misunderstood and mislabled
"obedience," or "compliance," with often both the parent and child
exhibiting all the characteristics of this emotional letdown that
comes
as a result of abreaction. In fact it simply is abreaction.

Is it useful?

Well, you remember the old movies were someone who has become
hysterical gets slapped and sure enough they calm down? It's far more
profound than the actors depicted.

Tension drains from the body. The mind goes blank and somewhat
tracelike in it's activity.

In fact, a person is highly suseptable to suggestion in such moments.
Some know this and take advantage of it.

Parents can, but this brings up some ethical as well as abuse
questions.

Is a parent so right in all things that they should use such moments
'indoctrinate' a child?

Is it ethical to jar a person into abreaction for any reason,
purposefully?

This folks is why parents think spanking "works."

The child is responding just as a prisoner in a POW camp does and did
during the Korean war when such methods were borrowed from the mental
health profession and put to use to break the detainees.

Do you want a broken child, or a fully developed human being?

The former is "cannon fodder," and a slavish consumer more likely.

They can be led about easily by the clever and willing and
unscrupulous.

The child raised through full trust (not the phony appearance of it
that comes right after spanking, because of abreaction) and support of
their learning without humiliation and pain does not provide any
handles for others to get ahold of and use. The are independent. Self
determined.

You get what you make.

A beaten slave, or a human at her majority well into her potential
solidly.

Think when you spank what you might be creating.

Kane

--
beccafromlalaland

Old January 21st 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

He's lying as usual.

Kane

Please provide a citation, if you can.

Doan

Old January 21st 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

He's lying as usual.

Kane

Please provide a citation, if you can.

Of course.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...56e2eb1?hl=en&

"LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan " ...

In fact you have my posts, two of them, that came prior to yours in
your attributions of my commentary in your own post below that insult
above. Not a single word about you in it, or about anyone else. Not
even an insult in general.

Doan you are lying or mistaken. If you knew this, then it's lying. If
you overlooked it, then it's a mistake.

One of YOUR own habits is to call people liars when you do not know if
they made a mistake or deliberatly are attempting to mislead -- lie.

That is YOUR mistake, and since I've told you a number of times that
you do this and you continue, then you have to be either language
impared, ignorant, stupid, or a liar...or mistaken.

Notice that prior to your post in that thread, which is this very one,
by the way, I had not mentioned you or insulted anyone for that matter,
simply posting my opinion on the phenomena of "abreaction," and how I
believe it impacts those that chose to spank their children.

I'm still awaiting your apology.

Kane

Doan

Old January 21st 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan

On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

...........snip.........

abreaction
n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

.....snip........

It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
describe something?

Feel free to look at all the descriptive material and note where it
fits my explaination.

Abreaction is the process, catharsis is the result. As in a release of
tensions, just as I said.

And just as I said, this can be mistaken by the parent as some kind of
positive reaction and "compliance" behavior. It is not. Either. It can
be very seriously misunderstood and cause additional trauma and that is
why the field of therapy is cautious in it's use and only under
controlled conditions is it suggested.

Your name calling is noted. And note just for it's claim that you don't
start such things (hereby disproven) but that you are innaccurate as
well. I doubt many would consider me an ignoramous.

But if it makes you feel better...............

Kane

Old January 22nd 06, 01:17 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
Hi beccafromlalaland,
I've always respected others when they show me the same.

That's not true. Show us some citations. Say in your conversations with
Chris Dugan, the originator of this ng.

My parents
taught me the Golden Rule.

No they didn't, not unless you can prove you are consistently
respectful in responding to all posts that do not attack you.

I just proved you aren't

In fact in this very thread. And you are stuck now unless you
acknowledge and apologize stating clearly that I did NOT attack you but
you name called me.

However, I will not stand for abusvie
behavior from others but will return in kind.

You originate abusive language, and have done so many times, jumping
into a thread where your name hasn't even come up, and begun insulting
with no provocation whatsoever.

I'm afraid your parents failed you. Lessons learned by way of spankings
and other pain and humiliation frequently result in the recipient being
confused and inconsistent, in just the way you are demonstrating in
this thread, and throughout your posting history.

Kane is a perfect
example of that.

How do you explain your behavior in this thread then. You started with
your first post attempting to provoke. I ignored you, so you came back
in and escalated to insult by name calling.

If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
what I mean.

Oh. You have never insulted toto without provocation? smile Show us.

You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?

I have dealt with them fairly until the flat lied, as you have in the
past. And many times, just as today, you have provoked by insulting
when you weren't even part of the conservation until you broke into it.

What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-****"?

Would that no depend on what motivated the child? Suppose the neighbor
had told the boy he should be spanked, beaten, hung up in church and
whipped with clothes hangers, straps and belts, by the congregation of
the very church he attends. Would not almost any verbal insult be
forgivable, and in fact justified?

Would
you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
just that on this public forum!

Sure did, and you were afraid, when I challenged you to post the
contextual threads, to actually do so. Not even a link, Doan, which
proves you were trying to mislead becca.

Fern had a reputation for again and again taking the part of abusive
parents, not just parents that spanked, but abusive parents that beat
and otherwise injured, even killing their own children (the killing of
child by giving them mom's medications to quiet him invoked nothing
from her but a comment that people used opium to do that back a century
ago...how sick is that?).

You stood by with no comment. You who claim it's the parents choice
whether or not to spank said NOTHING when Fern advocated for parents
that abuse in such ways.

Doan

And Doan, you are obviously attempting still to mislead yet another new
poster. Misleading is lying.

You are a liar.

Prove you consistently do not name call without provocation.

Go ahead. We'll wait right here. I suggest you look at threads with
LaVonne in them, and other posters that have advocated for an end to CP
of children.

Alborn would be one poster to visit as well.

You have defended plagarists. Created socks pretending to be a mexican
women to fraudulently obtain a copy of study you were too cowardly to
obtain from the author, which I was not, and got my copy.

You are a fraud as well as a liar. Want to explain Aline Alina?

Kane