Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

Old January 22nd 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

And yet again a recent thread where I have not called you a name. Yet
you start with the abusive name calling, Doan.

Are you this forgetful or lying?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...e5a13b69693221

Old January 22nd 06, 07:15 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan

On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

..........snip.........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?
abreaction
n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

....snip........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?

It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
describe something?

It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

Doan

Feel free to look at all the descriptive material and note where it
fits my explaination.

Abreaction is the process, catharsis is the result. As in a release of
tensions, just as I said.

And just as I said, this can be mistaken by the parent as some kind of
positive reaction and "compliance" behavior. It is not. Either. It can
be very seriously misunderstood and cause additional trauma and that is
why the field of therapy is cautious in it's use and only under
controlled conditions is it suggested.

Your name calling is noted. And note just for it's claim that you don't
start such things (hereby disproven) but that you are innaccurate as
well. I doubt many would consider me an ignoramous.

But if it makes you feel better...............

Kane

Old January 22nd 06, 08:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

..........snip.........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?
abreaction
n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

....snip........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?

It seems I gave the definition. How is it you missed that? Are you
presuming that I usually use dictionary syntax protocols when I
describe something?

It has NOTHING to do with spanking, STUPID!

Why are you name calling? You claim you don't do that unless someone
does it to you. Do you see me calling you a name, or did you lie when
you made that claim?

Of course it has to do with spanking. The experience related to
abreaction takes place when children are spanked, among other things.
Any trauma can trigger it.

Doan

You seem to want to ignore my information offered to you that shows
other than your claim. Abreaction the same as catharsis. It says so in
the definition I provided.

Find a source that says it is NOT, and you have an argument. Many
things go by more than one name, Doan.

I told you below in a prior post how it is related. I never said
"abreaction" is spanking. I said it happens as a result. It's an
observation. Nothing more.

Now call me a name again to prove that you are lying when you made the
claim you don't take insults without returning them.

I did not insult you above and yet you insulted me. Apologize.

Kane

Old January 22nd 06, 08:29 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
Hi beccafromlalaland,
I've always respected others when they show me the same.

I had not called you any names. Recognize this?

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

My parents
taught me the Golden Rule.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

However, I will not stand for abusvie
behavior from others but will return in kind.

You instigate it first, Doan and have done so from as far back as I can
remember.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

Kane is a perfect
example of that. If you look at the way I responded to toto or to
you, and contrast that to the way I responded to Kane, you will see
what I mean.

You don't like me. We have traded insults. You do so in every possible
instance that has the least change of offending you because someone
disagrees with you.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

You can also look at the history of Kane's post and the
way he dealt with others who disagree with him and see for yourself.
Is that an example of how you want your "never-spanked" kid to be?

I have done what YOU claim to do. I have refused to allow abusive
behavior. One of which is deliberate lying.

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

I welcome everyone interested to read my posting history.

What if your own kid called your neighbor a "smelly-****"? Would
you as a mother approve of such a behavior? And yet, Kane did
just that on this public forum!

"It looked like Kane9 smelled Steve's butt and approved! ;-)

Doan"

Doan

You rang?

Kane

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, beccafromlalaland wrote:

Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

--
beccafromlalaland

Old January 23rd 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

And of course, Igoranus Kane0 don't! ;-)

He's lying as usual.

LOL! THAT IS A LIE!

Doan

Kane

--
beccafromlalaland

Old January 23rd 06, 05:20 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

I posted authoritative definitions from other sources as to the meaning
of abreaction and pointed out clearly that it has to do with a
reaction, not the source of the reaction. It does not matter what the
source is. It is a term for catharsis. Do you wish to defend the
premise that catharsis, or by it's other name, abreaction can have only
one cause and source?

Just like you posted authoritive claims on the Hutterites? ;-)

{snipping the rest of your ludricous claim}

Doan

Old January 23rd 06, 05:22 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On 21 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
Oh that's mature. You both sound like you've had your mouth pressed to
the helium tank. "You're stupid" "No You're stupid" "nu-uh you are"
"You are you are" "You are to Infinity" "you are to infinity times 10"
"No you are to infinity times infinity time infinity"

UGH Grow up show some respect for one another and talk about the
subject, without resorting to name calling. Name calling gets us no
where fast.

Geez I feel like I'm talking to my 3yr old

You haven't viewed his posting archives have you?

He has NOT been free of name calling, ever. Not with anyone that
opposes his views.

He's lying as usual.

Kane

Please provide a citation, if you can.

Of course.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...56e2eb1?hl=en&

"LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan " ...

In fact you have my posts, two of them, that came prior to yours in
your attributions of my commentary in your own post below that insult
above. Not a single word about you in it, or about anyone else. Not
even an insult in general.

LOL! So ALL the insults before that don't count right, Ignoranus Kane0?

[snipping the rest of your ludricous babbles] ;-)

Doan

Old January 23rd 06, 05:25 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 22 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
Doan wrote:
LOL! Ignoranus Kane0 trying to puff himself up again. Anyone
want to have a laugh, just look up abreaction to see what it
REALLY means. Have a nice day! ;-)

Doan

On 20 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

..........snip.........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?

I didn't see an answer! ;-0

abreaction
n : (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions [syn: catharsis,
katharsis]

....snip........

LOL! got somethingg to hide?

I didn't see an answer, Ignoranus Kane0. Did I embarass you when you were
trying to impress "becca"? ;-)

Doan

Old January 23rd 06, 07:07 AM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doan
I didn't see an answer, Ignoranus Kane0. Did I embarass you when you were
trying to impress "becca"? ;-)

Doan
Hmm Wonder why anyone would try to impress me.
I'll tell you what I'm not impressed by, adults name calling, insulting, and nitpicking one another.

Any why dear Doan is my name in quotations?

B~
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
Old January 23rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, beccafromlalaland wrote:

Doan Wrote:

I didn't see an answer, Ignoranus Kane0. Did I embarass you when you
were
trying to impress "becca"? ;-)

Doan

Hmm Wonder why anyone would try to impress me.
I'll tell you what I'm not impressed by, adults name calling,
insulting, and nitpicking one another.

Any why dear Doan is my name in quotations?

B~

I didn't call you "becca". Your signature is:
beccafromlalaland

Perhaps, it's a term of endearment! ;-)

Doan