Left-Wing Stupidity In The Educational System -- Eliminating Competition

Old October 8th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.education,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats.d
[email protected]

Default Left-Wing Stupidity In The Educational System -- Eliminating Competition

On Oct 7, 10:54 am, (Bareass Hussein Osama) wrote:
Eliminating competition from the lives of young children makes them
intellectually lazy, a trait they bring into adulthood, complete with
an entitlement mentality: "I don't have to compete or win because I
already have self-esteem." Self-esteem comes from success, from
winning, or at least from doing well at something non-competitive. But
when the world tells you that you deserve self-esteem without having
to earn it, they are doing a tremendous disservice to those they
believe they are helping to [gag] feel good about themselves.
It's no wonder the culture is filled with people who have the idea
that they have infinite worth simply because they breathe.
________

In Praise Of Competition
By Burt Prelutsky
I would like to know the name of the buffoon who first decided that
competition was a bad thing. Who was the silly goose who woke up one
morning with the goofy notion that kids shouldn't keep score in their
games so that the members of the losing team wouldn't suffer from low
self-esteem?

Well, for the socialiology morons, we always need
to reinforce their fragile cognitive belief structure,
that it wasn't a good you silly imbelice,
it was a real moon rocket you silly retard, not the
Rolling Stones flip side.

And what fathead decided that high schools shouldn't
have valedictorians because all the other seniors would feel like a
bunch of underachievers?

No doubt it was the same idiot who determined that a level playing
field didn't really mean equal opportunity, but equal results. But
who was he? Could it possibly have been, as I suspect, Dr. Spock?
And, if so, why wasn't he ridden out of town on a rail?

It's not that I'm unaware that there can be a dark side to
competition, but that's only when the wrong people decide that the
ends always justify the means, whether those means involve lying,
stealing or back-stabbing.

(...)

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/...mpetition.html

Old October 8th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.education,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats.d
Bareass Hussein Osama

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:58:46 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

English is apparently not this poster's first language.
Old October 8th 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.education,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats.d
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

English is apparently not this poster's first language.- Hide quoted text -

Of course not, I learned english the hard way in London,
not the easy way, like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones did,
from AT&T.