Right Name -- Wrong Man...

Old June 1st 08, 12:02 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty

Default Right Name -- Wrong Man...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.a...v=menu1406_2_1

Right Name -- Wrong Man . . .

Updated: May 30, 2008 03:18 PM

Good evening, I'm Cindy Sexton and I'm Greg Glover ( David Carroll has the
night off.)

An Athens man is arrested, but the suspect says the police have the wrong
guy -- and he was right!

Channel Three Eyewitness Reporter Bernadette Jay has been following this
story and joins us with details . . . Bernadette?

Reporter Bernadette Jay: "Imagine being told there's a warrant out for your
arrest, when you know you've done nothing wrong? Well, that's exactly what
happened to William Wampler.

Today 50-year-old William Wampler is able to continue working -- he's a free
man. But that wasn't the case on May 15th.

During a traffic stop Wampler was arrested after an Athens police officer
mistook him for a different William Wampler who's wanted for unpaid child
support."

Wampler told us, "Well i was pretty upset, it's degrading -- and people are
driving by, the people you know (from having) worked on their houses, and in
my trade trust is quite a bit."

It was only after Wampler asked to see the arrest warrant that the officer
realized the "two Wamplers" had different middle names.

Wampler recalled the incident: "As soon as we passed through the big doors,
and he started taking my things, the arresting officer apologized to me."

Bernadette Jay: "Now, the Athens Police Department was not available to
comment on camera, but we asked them how something like this could have
happened."

"They told us they get their warrants from the Sheriff's Department, who get
their information from the courthouse."

Wampler added, "You know, they need to get it straightened out for their
protection as well as mine."

Wampler ended by saying he's guilty of one thing, and that's, "driving 19
miles over the speed limit -- not owing back child support."

Reporter Bernadette Jay: "Wampler was scheduled to appear in court today,
where he will ask the court if they'll pay his towing fee from when he was
accidentally arrested.

And we'll be certain to let you know the court's decision.

It's coverage you can count on.

Live in the newsroom, I'm Bernadette Jay - Channel Three Eyewitness News."

got it wrong R. Steve Walz Solutions 1 January 21st 08 07:17 PM
what's wrong with me? [email protected] Pregnancy 1 November 16th 06 07:54 AM
am I doing something wrong? determined Breastfeeding 4 November 6th 06 02:51 PM
You guys always ask the wrong questions and then give the wrong answers 0;-> Foster Parents 0 January 23rd 06 05:20 PM
Wrong? SIWeather: Shawn Gossman Spanking 0 September 4th 03 09:01 AM