I can "see" my pulse

Old July 5th 04, 12:03 AM
ted

Default I can "see" my pulse

Is this normal? For a while I could feel my pulse quite loud. I just
noticed that I can even see it. If I stretch my hand, I can see the
nerve (or whatever it is) throbbing on the inner side of my elbow.
Does it make any sense? My BP was fine when the nurse checked last
time. Just wondering what this means! I'm at 31 weeks now.
Old July 5th 04, 02:13 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

ted wrote:

Is this normal? For a while I could feel my pulse quite loud. I just
noticed that I can even see it. If I stretch my hand, I can see the
nerve (or whatever it is) throbbing on the inner side of my elbow.
Does it make any sense? My BP was fine when the nurse checked last
time. Just wondering what this means! I'm at 31 weeks now.

I assume that you were looking at a vein? (they appear as blue lines)
Veins are elastic and will expand and/or pulsate if the pressure goes
up. Not a doc, here, but I would guess that you probably have
experienced a change in pressure. Why not go and get it checked? By
the time you go, maybe it will have returned to normal anyway.

Old July 5th 04, 02:54 PM
Unadulterated Me

ted wrote:

Is this normal? For a while I could feel my pulse quite loud. I just
noticed that I can even see it. If I stretch my hand, I can see the
nerve (or whatever it is) throbbing on the inner side of my elbow.
Does it make any sense? My BP was fine when the nurse checked last
time. Just wondering what this means! I'm at 31 weeks now.

I see my blood pumping every now and then, I think it's normal, and I'm
not pregnant just for reference or have blood pressure problems.

Andrea
Old July 5th 04, 05:27 PM
ted

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote in message ...
ted wrote:

Is this normal? For a while I could feel my pulse quite loud. I just
noticed that I can even see it. If I stretch my hand, I can see the
nerve (or whatever it is) throbbing on the inner side of my elbow.
Does it make any sense? My BP was fine when the nurse checked last
time. Just wondering what this means! I'm at 31 weeks now.

I assume that you were looking at a vein? (they appear as blue lines)
Veins are elastic and will expand and/or pulsate if the pressure goes
up. Not a doc, here, but I would guess that you probably have
experienced a change in pressure. Why not go and get it checked? By
the time you go, maybe it will have returned to normal anyway.

I see it move 'all the time'. I'll ask the doc about it next time.

Thanks.
Old July 6th 04, 02:35 AM
laurie

You probably just have a shallow artery so you can easily see your pulse, since
your blood volume has doubled and filled up your blood vessels so much. Nothing
to worry about, I'm sure.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 14 months