how would you choose??

Old July 23rd 03, 09:04 PM
GandSBrock

Default how would you choose??

Okay, to follow up on the preschool question. The only reason I'm considering
the school with the 17:2 ratio is that they have a great (read: flexible) drop
off/after care program. Mine would be going to a Tuesday/Thursday class (8:10
to 11:10 - groan! so early!!) and would be eligible to be dropped off any time
Mon-Fri between 6:30 - 5:45 with a one day notification. Of course, it's
expensive, but the option is there. The drawbacks are the class size, the
early hours, just 2 days a week, and it is a school with older children (they
go up to 7th grade).

School option #2: 10:2 ratio, MWF. Drawbacks: afternoon hours (12:30 - 3:00
and my guys still take a nap from 2-4:30, but maybe we can wrangle a power nap
after school), no after care program, not legally allowed to wipe bottoms if
they poop (mine aren't willing to try - gotta work on it - but maybe they'll
learn if they are forced to).

Both schools are Lutheran and have a nice little bible story time. I had a
really good feeling about school #2 when we took the tour.

How bad do you think it will mess them up to go to the afternoon class?

I'm sorry I'm being so tedious about this. I didn't realize how good a
preschool I had when we were in Virginia.

TIA,

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99
Old July 23rd 03, 09:51 PM
KimandJuan

BTW, which languages?

It is Spanish/English. Half the student are native Spanish speakers and half
are native English speakers. It is through grade 5. From preK to 2nd Grade
the whole day is taught in Spanish except the class splits for Language arts,
this is taught in the child's native language. Then from 3rd grade through 5th
grade the whole day is taught in English except they break for LA and they then
learn the 2nd language.

The goal is for the child by grade 5 to be Bilingual, Biliterate and Bicultural
in English and Spanish.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old July 24th 03, 02:40 AM
Andrea

The goal is for the child by grade 5 to be Bilingual, Biliterate and
Bicultural
in English and Spanish.

I wish we had that here......sounds wonderful!

On an OT note:
I found a babysitter who speaks fluent Spanish/English. She's only babysat the
girls twice but yesterday was telling me that they were understanding her when
she was telling them things to do. I was really happy to hear that because dh
& I would like for them to be bilingual. I speak very limited Spanish to them
& they can understand almost everything I tell them, so I really need to learn
more so that I can teach them more.

I'm glad you seem happy about your school decision Kimberly. It sounds like a
good one.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan& Madison
3 yrs. old