30 week update

Old September 1st 03, 05:42 PM
Ellie

Default 30 week update

We've been for our 30 week appointment today - I really can't believe that
after all this time I'm now 30 weeks pg with twins!

Both babies are doing beautifully and their estimated weight today is around
3.5 lb. Twin 1 is still in breech (sp?) position and twin 2 is moving to a
head down position so the OB has said that if twin 1 is still breech in 3 -
4 weeks we'll be arranging a C - section. (I don't know how that differs
these days in the US but over here in the UK they really don't like
delivering babies naturally unless they're head down.)

They look so gorgeous I can't wait for the next scan in another 3 weeks!

Ellie

Old September 2nd 03, 10:43 AM
Tanya Makins

Hi,

I don't know your feelings on c-sections but I gave birth to my twins
naturally, Charley came first head down and Molly followed 20 minutes
after - breech, it was much better for me as I had to do a lot of nursing in
hospital as they were prem and I imagine it would have been a lot more
difficult if I'd had a section. Just a thought, I know some women prefer
the idea of a section but my personnal feelings were against it.
What ever you decide you'll be well looked after but don't be bullied into
anything.... its your body and they're your babies!!
My babies weights were Charley 5lb 2oz and Molly 4lb 7oz so they were quite
good weights and I was induced, it took 6 hours in total..... not a bad
birth at all so it can be done!!
Good luck, you've got a lot of happiness to come

Tanya (notts England)

Old September 2nd 03, 03:18 PM
thefackrells

I agree, if you can go naturally, DO IT!!! I ended up have a Csection and it
was horrible!! I experienced occasional pain (like when I woke up and turned
a certain way) for just over a year!!
Unless the doctor/hospital has a horrific track record of successful breech
deliveries, I'd defenatly let them know YOUR preference of
delivery......course it may be a tough sell as they get more $$ for a
Csection then for natural
More power to you on your decision!!!
Gwen

Old September 2nd 03, 06:19 PM
Ellie

I know when we were first told it was twins the hospital said that all twins
were routinely delivered as C-section. Then the consultant that we have
turned out to be in favour of vaginal deliveries if the babies were in a
good position - ie. first twin cephalic, so I was just getting used to the
idea of having a vaginal delivery when twin 1 turned into a breech position.
Now I guess it all depends on what position he/she is in in a few weeks time

I am hoping for a natural delivery but the OB seemed to think that twin 1
was less likely to turn round now because of being obstructed by twin 2.

At least she's approachable and easy to talk to, in the UK you don't get the
same choice of consultant as I think you do in the US, you basically get who
you are given and can change after a lot of fuss and objections, so I think
we've been quite lucky really.

Ellie

"H Schinske" wrote in message

I don't know your feelings on c-sections but I gave birth to my twins
naturally,

I would have much preferred it as well, but *first* twin breech is a very
different proposition from *second* twin breech. The way it was explained

to me
is that if the first baby is breech and the other vertex or sideways,

there is
a risk of the heads locking together. (Double breech is theoretically

okay, but
then you need an OB who's comfortable with breech births generally, which

rules
out a lot of OB's in the US.)

Second twin breech is the least difficult of breech deliveries, because

the
cervix is all dilated from the first twin. In any case, once the first

baby is
out you often get the second baby moving around and needing to be

repositioned
-- the expression used to me was "once the first baby is out, all bets are

off"
on the other baby's position. So an obstetrician who couldn't deliver a

breech
second twin would have no business undertaking ANY vaginal twins at all,

even
ones who were originally vertex/vertex.

--Helen

Date for c-section and 36 week update Daye Pregnancy 16 December 20th 03 08:31 PM
31 week appointment update and question kylee Pregnancy 1 October 23rd 03 02:20 AM
UPDATE (Was: Cruise in the 34th week of pregnancy) Elly Pregnancy 1 August 22nd 03 09:05 PM
36 week update Shannon Pregnancy 1 August 18th 03 09:27 PM
34 Week Update Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 August 15th 03 08:03 PM